Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   General Poker Affiliate Discussion (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/)
-   -   Flyers on Cars (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/general-poker-affiliate-discussion/882-flyers-cars.html)

freepp 05-08-2005 09:30 AM

How many you have tried advertising by placing flyers on cars in a parking lot? Where did you do it? What were your returns (Flyers/RMPs). Just put up about 300 flyers in a parking lot yesterday and want to know what to expect.

mattc 05-08-2005 10:19 AM

I put 400 flyers on cars at the county fair a few weeks back - no players period....

Randy 05-08-2005 11:33 AM

I tried it, and I won't do it again. No players at all. And I put the flyers on cars in the parking lot of a bar having a free poker tournament too.

Jeremy 05-08-2005 11:54 AM

I have had both sucess and failures with these campaigns. I would say if you are just promoting Party Poker and a bonus code you will not see as much success as if you live in Pekin Illinois and your promoting PekinPoker.com.

That would certainly draw my interest much more than a flier with a bonus code on it.

It's hit or miss though, be happy if you try it and get some sign up's nad if it fails then move onto another campaign.

THATS:HOT 05-11-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by freepp@May 8 2005, 10:30 AM
How many you have tried advertising by placing flyers on cars in a parking lot? Where did you do it? What were your returns (Flyers/RMPs). Just put up about 300 flyers in a parking lot yesterday and want to know what to expect.
Jeremy is right about this, flyering cars is like a hit or miss game, and like anything else its about putting out mass amounts of them.

I was a nightclub/rave promoter for years and the first thing a older promoter told me when I was starting out was "He who fliers most wins."

The standard in that type of marketing is 5-10% of what you put out will come, so if I needed 500 people I was going to have to do about 10k fliers on average.

I really thing with getting conversions for RMP via fliering your % is probably going ot be even less than 5%, hence you need to flier more.

I like the idea of hitting the local bar tourney, and you might get one or two of something like that, but usllay if people are at a bar playing poker they are already playing online they are just going to toss your flier.

One of the ways I got alot of extra randoms was fliering places that would be considered not your target market.

If your in a big city search for street teams or flier teams who do routes nightly, you can usually work out a cheap deal with them to slip your flier in their route.

Just remember "He who fliers most wins."

Jeremy 05-11-2005 11:08 AM

Welcome to the board THATS:HOT.............you are so right on the numbers game. If you think placing 100 fliers at one event will send your hit counter spinning or your mgr% to the sky, your crazy :


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0