Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Closed Thread
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,307
Default Offshore/UK web hosting?

Just in case...

I am looking for an offshore/UK web host that has similar cpanel features to most US webhosts, offers PHP service/frontpage extensions, etc...

Should have reasonably priced hosting services, good customer support and most importantly a good reputation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
  #2  
Old 02-08-2007, 08:16 PM
kdollar kdollar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 160
Default

I am in the same boat. Anyone have any ideas?
__________________
Play online poker and get the best poker bonus codes. Find out the top online poke rooms and get daily online poker news.
  #3  
Old 02-08-2007, 11:40 PM
joeker joeker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 110
Default

www.eurovps.com

www.49pence.com
  #4  
Old 02-09-2007, 06:03 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default I find these sites...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeker
www.eurovps.com

www.49pence.com
more expensive than Canadian servers, for example, as far as VPS goes.
I pay $59US/mo for my VPS in the True North Strong and Free.

I am not sure if this is just a function of relative currency values, though.

I have an American friend in London who tells me that prices in the UK are reasonable in terms of the UK standard of living, but when you translate them into US$ they are more expensive, by around 10 - 20% or so.

However, if the 49pence.com site is really offering dedicated servers (and not just virtual machine VPS) at 49 pounds a month, that seems like a good deal to me.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
  #5  
Old 02-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Kef272 Kef272 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 25
Default

I'm using eukhost.com and have had no problems. Their customer support has always responded within 20 minutes and fixed everything.

Be careful though, not all their servers are in th uk. I had to request mine to be in the UK and they did it.
www.eukhost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1417&highlight=server+located
  #6  
Old 02-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Dave Dave is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 490
Default

Corpfan,

I recently swichted to http://www.netfirms.ca/

I've been happy with them so far, good support.
  #7  
Old 02-09-2007, 08:56 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,307
Default

Dave,

Which plan did you choose?

Don't you find them a bit expensive? Right now I pay 6.95/mth.

Is it in Can$? Also, they are located in Toronto and in New York...could that be a problem?

Thanks!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
  #8  
Old 02-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Dave Dave is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 490
Default

I use the Enterprise One Plan

http://www.netfirms.ca/enterprise-ho...e-hosting-one/

It's $59.95 per month Canadian and you can host up to 25 sites.

I'm expanding into various niches so it works out well for me.

The netfirms dot ca servers are in Canada so I was told. Shouldn't be a problem for gambling sites but the way things are going who knows?

Personally I'm not too worried about the New York connection.
  #9  
Old 02-09-2007, 10:14 AM
geoffvro's Avatar
geoffvro geoffvro is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 87
Default

do a search over at http://www.webhostingtalk.com - should find several posts addressing the question.

If you live in the U.S. than I don't agree with the rationale of hosting a website on a foreign server - it means a little extra work to have the site shutdown, but it certainly doesn't prevent the government from filing charges since the offence itself occured in the United States.

as always, just my two cents
  #10  
Old 02-10-2007, 12:31 PM
joeker joeker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffvro
do a search over at http://www.webhostingtalk.com - should find several posts addressing the question.

If you live in the U.S. than I don't agree with the rationale of hosting a website on a foreign server - it means a little extra work to have the site shutdown, but it certainly doesn't prevent the government from filing charges since the offence itself occured in the United States.

as always, just my two cents
It's not about having your site shutdown.

Man,....I can't believe how many affiliates her can't figure out why you wouldn't want to APPEAR US-based
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hosting Alert - Blue Host JamieB34 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 02-08-2007 04:26 PM
Looking for Hosting Package JamieB34 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 02-02-2007 10:31 PM
Hosting Company Move??? losercore Web Design Q&A 2 10-20-2006 10:40 AM
hosting suggestions? hyacinthgirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 09-22-2006 06:40 AM
Dedicated Web Hosting ResIpsa General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 09-20-2006 10:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0