Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Web Design Q&A

Web Design Q&A Use this forum to discuss any web design questions or issues you may be having

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,281
Default Hosting Company Move???

Who has switched hosting companies?

I am really nervous about this. I have a site at Godaddy that has not made a penny in months but is paid for for a year. I have another site and I am getting charged $8 a month for the hosting that is really limited.

I want to move this to my Godaddy.

The good newsi s that the domain was registered with Godaddy so it's there in my domain name to switch. My questions are simple I hope.

1. Will I get any negatives via search engines by switching/ PR?
2. Do I have to tell my current host to switch or stop DNS?

Also anything else those of you have done this have encountered.

Thanks
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 PM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 484
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

loserscore,

1. You shouldn't get any negative effects from the search engines unless you have lots of downtime during the switch. You want to make sure to minimize downtime to hopefully where the site will never actually stop working for any amount of time (even a few minutes, but this still won't kill you). The search engines really could care less (for the most part) about where your website is being hosted.

2. I don't really understand this part of the question...you'll need to change the DNS information on the domain name to point to the server it will be hosted on.

On a side note....GoDaddy web hosting isn't very great. It's fairly cheap and may seem easy to use but it gives you fairly limited server access and is generally considered to be poor quality hosting, IMHO.

Colin
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,281
Default

Thanks Colin,

Yea I will agree that Godaddy is not the best choice but it is paid for at the moment

I've had good luck with Godaddy so far with other sites although I do plan on switching them next year.

Thanks again for your help.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electronic Clearing House Inc - Checking clearing company richardb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-12-2006 12:27 AM
hosting suggestions? hyacinthgirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 09-22-2006 06:40 AM
Cheap hosting plan w/ 2 free domains - only $10!! Graham General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 04-21-2006 06:55 PM
World's #1 gaming company - new site review please Dave W The Spam Forum 6 11-05-2005 01:37 AM
hosting company that allows unlimited domains richardb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 08-04-2005 04:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0