Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Closed Thread
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-15-2006, 11:23 PM
dbirider's Avatar
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 315
Default Did a PAW member copy my site? what should I do?

I'm putting this out in the open for a few reasons. I need advice, this can help other people, and one of our moderators may be involved. Hopefully this will help get the problem solved faster.

My site is http://pokeronamac.com . I visited onlinepokermac . com because I saw it in my referral logs. It turns out that it's a copy of my entire site. This isn't a tiny issue with scrapers or anything, onlinepokermac is a live site with 6000+ links, a PR4, and decent rankings.

Doing a whois search shows that this is owned by adioking:

(whois info deleted)

Although tempting, I'm not jumping to conclusions. I hope nobody else does either, because he might have nothing to do with this. But I would like an explination from adioking.

I've never been in a situation like this. I'd appreciate any advice I can get on how to handle this.

Thanks,

Here's a screenshot for the records:

Cache'd version (how it used to look):
__________________
D.B.I. Rider

Last edited by adioking : 12-18-2006 at 07:01 PM.
  #2  
Old 12-15-2006, 11:34 PM
ClarkePromotions ClarkePromotions is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Posts: 364
Default

So you're posting this... and you have yet to contact Dan? Why?

Oh, and maybe I'm missing something - but the sites look different too me
__________________
I'd describe my SEO hat as a darkish gray...
  #3  
Old 12-15-2006, 11:42 PM
pokernut pokernut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 141
Default

I would get a lawyer.... both of you
  #4  
Old 12-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,015
Default

I am failing to see a copy of your site? What exactly did he copy?
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
  #5  
Old 12-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 527
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Ive been drinking for a bit tonight, but nothing on it looks similar to me. Of course, they're about the same subject, but there isn't anything that is a copy or even resembles someone attempting to cpy a site.
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
November - $12,346 net income
  #6  
Old 12-15-2006, 11:56 PM
dbirider's Avatar
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
I am failing to see a copy of your site? What exactly did he copy?
It was taken down about 5 minutes after I posted this thread. Good! I'm not crazy... I still have an unrefreshed version open in my web browser. Here's a screenshot of how it looked when I discovered it.


Every single page was identical. The entire design and all of the content came right off of my site, except for changes in the logo and title. It was like that for at least three hours - my latest visitor stats don't go back any further

Maybe a PM would have been better. I was angry and disappointed (hopefully understandably) when I found this. I'm still feeling very uneasy. Why would he have an entire copy of my site, with his logo on it, on his server? And what was he thinking when he made this live? I guess you can close or lock this thread if you feel it's bad for PAW.

PS. just to make sure nobody thinks i'm crazy, here's my stylesheet and background image for the descripton on his server: http://www.onlinepokermac.com/wp-con...oker/style.css http://www.onlinepokermac.com/wp-con...ndex-desc1.jpg
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
  #7  
Old 12-16-2006, 01:18 AM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,576
Default

arghh
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.

Last edited by adioking : 12-18-2006 at 02:53 PM.
  #8  
Old 12-16-2006, 01:25 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,178
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Sounds like a case of bad timing. I was at the site earlier today so I know it wasn't like that before. Dan is a great guy and wouldn't copy your site. However I understand how pissed you would be to see that, we all would be. Next time contact the owner first privatly so no one gets the wrong idea.

Both of you are great webmasters, lets just put this behind us.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
  #9  
Old 12-16-2006, 01:32 AM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,576
Default

tried to be nice, but you guys just dont give a fuck... CYA
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.

Last edited by adioking : 12-18-2006 at 02:52 PM.
  #10  
Old 12-16-2006, 02:27 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Next time contact the owner first privatly...
Let's hope not. Posting things like this publicly is good for everyone.

Duplication like that online for even five minutes is not okay. It should never occur, ever, regardless if it is a sloppy employee or whoever responsible.

Using someone else's basic structure and design is perfectly legitimate, but exact graphics or of course page text is not.

Color scheme or something like that has no copyright, but text or artwork does. If you are going to test something, do it right. And if you have employees, you have to be doubly vigilant that things are done right, because the buck stops with you, not anyone you hire.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
New member - looking for a review of my site 3jokers New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 12-30-2006 01:03 PM
New Member - Site Review Needed spektacular New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 0 05-21-2006 05:28 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0