| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 12-17-2006, 04:48 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
|
|
whatever guys cya
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Last edited by adioking : 12-18-2006 at 02:52 PM.
|
 12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,694
|
|

Quote:
|
Originally Posted by adioking
I see nothing wrong with wanting a "website" made from Wordpress and starting from another site that has used Wordpress to make it appear as a website.
|
That's the problem. It is totally wrong to have put that online. There is no excuse for it.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by adioking
I've made my apologies that it was live and that it appeared so similar at the time, but that's as far as I go. I'm not going to copy any content, the theme is going to be changing enough so that the sites are not going to be so similar that somebody visiting both would get confused, and I'm not going to be using images of his that are apparently his.
|
But you did. I personally really can't make sense of what you are saying. You put something online that apparently was so close to his that links to his site were still there.
If you want to do something similar, do it offline, period. Only put something online that you are willing to say "this is mine".
You've made an apology but seem to be saying you did nothing wrong and will do it again, and that is both contradictory and wrong. "Sorry, it will never happen again" is where this should end up.
|
 12-17-2006, 05:12 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
|
|
I don't think that any of the comments were meant towards you but towards your designer, if you have someone designing your sites they should know all the technical stuff and nothing should be a pain in the ass for you, and if it is for your designer oh well thats what he gets paid for! Bottom line is whoever you paid to do this took short cuts in doing what you paid him for and caused you all the headache, at very least he should be fired! No reputable person or company would take someones entire site and put it live onliine for even 10 seconds let alone 10 hours!
|
 12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
|
|
Banned
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
|
|
Quote:
| I copy sites all the time - use domains for that purpose just to learn. As long as there is no backlinks spiders cant crawl. If im wrong im sure Ill hear about it. Have copied adios sites b4 but my domains have came to a dead end so I thought that was fine |
Quote:
I'm sure I've found the sites before, but I really don't care. If you copy my sites and don't make the proper changes, and they became infringing, then I'd simply submit a copyright infringement form to your host. People here think that I don't know they've been on my sites copying stuff, it's kind of funny.
|
Adio Iv never copied a site & used it as my own. Iv copied one & played around with the code. nothing more. no promotion. Iv u want me to go into your seo skills I could have overtaken you but I was only practising my limited design skills. the current seo format is pretty simple
|
 12-18-2006, 01:49 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
|
|
bye
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Last edited by adioking : 12-18-2006 at 02:51 PM.
|
 12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
|
|
Quote:
| Does anybody here yell at your kids like this when they scew up or do you embrace their faults and create something positive to teach them something from that mistake? |
You are not a child, your a grown man that made a mistake! And i have a child and yes i do yell when its bad, if he were to go and steal from the store down the street i would yell, if i cought him smoking i would embrace, different situations call for different measures, (bad comparision Adioking!)
|
 12-18-2006, 05:09 PM
|
|
Affiliate Managers
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 426
|
|

Well this certainly was a heated discussion. I am glad everyone made their points know from the affiliate side of things and also gave Dan a little lecture. I think his appologies were suffiecient thus far.
This seems to be about Ethics more or less. From working with Dan for 2 years on the other side of the fence I can attest to his character. He is very much into learning about the industry and exploring SEO. In fact I sat down with him at an SEO session at CAP and was amazed how much he knew.
When it comes to hiring a designer I feel you are sometimes at their mercy;especially when you give them right to FTP and uploads. The damage done was so minimal that I feel that the issue is now mute. Maybe a link exchange give-away would be sufficient payback now.
On a side note, it's amazing to me how many larger affiliates here (especially one in particular on this post) can find the time to make this issue personal to them when it in NO way effects them.
Hopefully in a changing market we can pull together more and compete with the integrity and character found on PAW.
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
|
 12-18-2006, 05:25 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
|
|
Why did you edit all your post Adioking? You have beeen in here telling people about their duplicate content for sometime now, and when you get accused of it and people have opinions you edit and run, people are going to have opinions about things like this. It's just something you have to suck up and acknowledge, no reason to edit the post so the readers cant follow the conversation.
Quote:
| On a side note, it's amazing to me how many larger affiliates here (especially one in particular on this post) can find the time to make this issue personal to them when it in NO way effects them. |
gpowel, that statement is ridulous, you are an aff. mgr and seemed to find time out of your busy day to read the thread and put your 2 cents in! This is a discussion forum, we discuss things, no one has made this a personal issue.....
|
 12-18-2006, 06:10 PM
|
|
Resident High Roller
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,010
|
|
I think everyone should calm down.
Also, the thread needs to be locked as Adio has deleted all of his posts for some reason.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
|
 12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
|
|
Todd,
It's cuz I'm done with this crap. Have fun everybody.
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.
|