| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 11-10-2006, 03:29 PM
|
|
Resident High Roller
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,016
|
|
Full Tilt leaving the US?
Just got this email FTP- Thoughts?
Quote:
Dear Todd,
As an important Full Tilt Poker affiliate, we know you are one of the reasons we are the fastest growing online poker site. That's why we want to thank you for your efforts and encourage you to help us on our quest to become the number one site for online poker players everywhere.
With that goal in mind, we are pleased to announce the creation of a special, limited-time affiliate promotion designed to help grow our international player base.
What does this mean for you? How about extra bonus money for every non-U.S. real money player you bring to Full Tilt Poker. That's right, between November 13th and December 11th, we'll pay you an extra 5% of the net revenue generated by all of the non-U.S. players you sign up during this timeframe.
To help you attract these players to Full Tilt Poker, we're offering an exclusive $5,000 Freeroll tournament open to every new, non-U.S. player you refer who deposits a minimum of $50 and earns at least 100 Full Tilt Poker points between November 13th, 2006 and December 11th, 2006.
So, if you want to earn some extra money and help us continue our incredible growth, don't miss out on this opportunity to boost your bottom line before this offer disappears.
Sincerely,
The Full Tilt Poker Affiliate Team |
It seems awfully suspect that they are now focusing on International players. Maybe I'm being over-sensitive...
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
|
 11-10-2006, 03:34 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 58
|
|
Thought the same thing when I read it. 
|
 11-10-2006, 03:57 PM
|
|
BryanHauer.com
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 427
|
|
I figured sometime during the 270 days they would pull out and this just sets them up to do just that.
Otherwise they would have no reason to word it like that and also no reason to specifically go after international players. If you take players from everywhere why would you need to specify special bonuses for players outside the U.S.?
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon 
And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either. Also, check out my other Premium WordPress Themes!
Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
|
 11-10-2006, 04:45 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 445
|
|
I heard the same thing about Doyle's today and the first thing I said to the guy was "I guess that means Full Tilt is gone too".
|
 11-10-2006, 04:47 PM
|
|
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,176
|
|
Like I said from the beginning, those who are still allowing will drop out before the "270" (not that it matters)
Party left a lot of straglers, and rooms with a lot of overhead and are still in the red; all those players look like a nice quick buck.
I read today Tribeca is dropping out, but somehow Doyles room says they will not be affected.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
|
 11-10-2006, 05:14 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 445
|
|
I think you are wrong, the motivations are different. The 270 days thing is related to funding accounts.
If FTP and Doyle's leaves the US it is because Doyle and the guys from Full Tilt want to live in the US. Of course this is all speculation. But I think you are reading that 270 day thing wrong. Certainly there will be fewer and fewer operators but Stars seems to be saying the exact opposite and beefing up operations.
|
 11-10-2006, 05:52 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,073
|
|
Of course it looks suspect but it doesn't mean for sure they are dropping out. Most Americans aren't up at 4am est time playing poker while some europeans are. I'm sure Full Tilt doesn't want an ALL american player base.
I mean, it is more competitive for them in the international market than ever before - US players are probably dropping in their laps.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
|
 11-10-2006, 06:06 PM
|
|
rakedrop.com
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 159
|
|
I thought the exact same thing when I saw that email, too. I came here to post about it.  I could be hypersensitive, though, but it still worried me.
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
|
 11-10-2006, 06:10 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 573
|
|
I think the 270 days thing is just giving banks the time to get their enforcement together. The time at which the bill was signed makes it law, not after the 270 days.
I don't think they are going anywhere, I think they are just trying to diversify their market share.
SmackDog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.
Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
|
 11-10-2006, 06:13 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 445
|
|
Certainly that would be a good business move, I think the timing is just curious.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.
|