Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2006, 06:02 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 535
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default A little goes a long way -gifts

After seeing Jeremys thread about the iPod he received from Casino/pokeroom, and after I received a gift from CasinoPays - I've got to say that you affiliate programs can make some people very happy by sending people gifts, and it wouldn't even cost you a fortune. It's not the amount of the gift, but it's the thought. I'm sure anyone who's received a gift from an affiliate company has immediately had their perception of the company raised and has given them some extra thought about promoting them harder.

A little goes a long way!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 513
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

I defininately agree. I've never received anything ( I dont send many players), but when I was first starting to get going my AM offered me a higher commission at PokerRoom and they also sent me a ton of hats/shirts to hand out for our live tournaments. I was very impressed with this and I've always been partial to them for doing it. The fact that they realized that I was a small affiliate at the time, but that Im dedicated to this and they know that sooner or later Im going to be a large affiliate. I see it as a small investment for them.

Good job on the Ipod Jeremy. I didnt try the CasinoRoom competition, but I almost did just because of that. It's kind of funny, I'm the most tech knowledgeable person out of all of my friends and Im the only who doesn't have an Ipod yet.

-Justin
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
September - $5,200 net income

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I too agree with both Nick and Justin. It's amazing that you can send literally hundreds of thousands in mgr to an individual room each year and receive nothing more than your standard monthly commission checks.

Not to say that these poker sites owe us affiliates anything more, because they don't. But like the subject of the thread says, a little does go a long way. For less than 10K most rooms could probably do a direct mailer to all of their producing affiliates and send even a hat or polo shirt.

Once again, it's the thought that counts.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 423
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

Honestly though I think they look at it differently. I think they look at it like we are taking from them. I know that seems odd but I have certainly gotten that feeling when I have talked to people. Granted, I think I am on the high end of the pay scale so there may be no more to get, not that I really care either way.

BTW, I do random gifting and it is recieved really well. Maybe that is what this thread should turn into. If you want it to happen why not think about your customers and think of how they may want it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-17-2006, 05:43 PM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 430
Default

I got a gift basket from referback on my birthday once, that was kind of cool. From our side of the table, if you know your players sending them something as simple as a t-shirt or hat can be seen as a really be a nice gift to send your players.

Plus it is marketing for you as well whenever they wear it. We give away shirts like crazy to our local poker group and whenever they wear them it is like a walking billboard and we have started to send shirts out to anyone who plays half the games in our poker league online as well.
__________________
J S

Advocate for Online Poker Legalization - Dr. Ron Paul, Republican 2008 Presidential Candidate. Wake up and smell the revolution.

Do you run a poker league? Poker League Software provides a free automated poker leaderboard you can use. You can also Learn to Deal Poker, with our best selling online training course.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-17-2006, 07:33 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

asdfa
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Neteller Long Time on CAsh Outs! SmackDog General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 02-01-2007 05:26 PM
how long do responses usually take? hyacinthgirl TonyGPoker.com 8 11-07-2006 10:43 PM
How long..... Aidan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 08-18-2006 02:59 AM
Looking for long term advertisers on DeuceAce.com John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-26-2006 10:31 PM
How long before you start seeing results? dbirider New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 10-27-2005 10:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0