Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 10-17-2005, 04:35 AM
dbirider dbirider is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 283
Default

This is directed towards anybody who has been successful with the poker affiliate business. Feel free to pm me if you would rather not reply in this thread.

I want to become successful with the poker affiliate business really bad. I'm willing to put a lot of time and even some money into this in order to have the best chance at being successful. How long did it take you guys to start generating a decent amount of income from your website? Around $1,000/month qualifies as decent. And how much time and money have you invested in order to start making money? I will be using MGR since I think this will work out best over the long term.

Also, there must be tons of people who fail at the poker affiliate business. Maybe even some that had a great idea or tried really hard. Just like with poker we hear mostly about the successful ones. What do you think the #1 reason for your site being successful over other similar sites is?

Thanks.
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
I like beer
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 862
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

I have over 40 sub affiliates that I help when they start out in this business.

Most can surpass the 1k a month within 4 months.

I have had 4 or 5 that have surpassed $1k a month income in the 1st month.

My time has recently become limited cause I took what I considered a dream job working at a video game company

First and foremost, you need a niche idea that you can develop.

You have already found one of the best websites out there to help you along the way.

Jeremy got me started (althought I bet he wont admiit it!) and is a huge resource for all of us.
__________________
Holis
Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code or our Full Tilt Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus Code | Funny Poker Videos | Las Vegas Webcams
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 10-26-2005, 07:46 AM
kksuited kksuited is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 138
Default

I'm new to this as well, but I'm not new to the business world. I've spoken to a lot of affiliates and the age old rule still applies. It takes money to make money. When you said "I'll put in lots of time and maybe even some money" that may be the wrong approach. I'm not saying go out and blow a bunch of money, but I think you need to understand there maybe some money required. I may spend more than some because I have a 50hr per week job and have to pay people to do things for me.

I'm getting ready to have my first private tournament. I've got over 100 people ready to play, but it cost me around $600 to market, add money to the tournament and have a one page marketing website.

Now, if I get 20 new sign-ups, that would be a big success. If not, I'll lose money (well, I need about 9 to break even). That's business, that's the risk I take.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 AM
MarkusS MarkusS is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 175
Default

I believe I am relatively succesful already (passed $2k on the first month and and am expecting a 75-100% increase in revenue for this my 2nd month).

What you have to understand is that okay, first of all having a decent web site is of course a big bonus as that will more likely convert players as well as make them hopefully come back again.

As everyone will tell you, choosing a niche or better yet having an original idea or atleast an original way to do something which has been done before is of course also very helpful.

But even more importantly is that if no one sees your site then it might as well not exist. Longterm it's very very important to SEO, pick a few keywords and go for them since that's where so much of all traffic begins. Also put up a lot of pages of unique content because you will be amazed at the strange things people search for that might match one of your subpages and bring you a visitor.

Shortterm you should be creative, think of every possible way you can to get your poker site address infront of the eyes of people who, preferably, you know already are interested in poker. Any silly way will do and any idea you have is probably worth trying. The worst action is to take no action. Sit on your ass and you will be paid accordingly.

Getting a good mentor who will help you and if you are lucky even share with you some of the specific methods he used to generate traffic when he started out is also a good idea.

So umm the answer to your question, how long it takes it up to you. For me it took a day or two.
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 10-27-2005, 04:58 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

It took me 2 months to reach the $1000 mark (the third month).
Two months later (the fifth month) I reached $2000.
I'm still in the $2000 - 3000 region, but I try to do better. Time is my most wanted asset.

I have tried a few different approches.
I have given away free poker books, chips sets, software, tournament entries. But they don't convert to well.
Most of my convertion takes place in text links in my content pages.

So I guess the old saying: "Content is king" is working out for me also.

Good luck!
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 10-27-2005, 08:56 PM
dbirider dbirider is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 283
Default

Thanks for the replies. And thanks for the pm hoursurfer. This forum is really helpful.

It's motivating to hear that people who work hard can start seing results pretty quick. I don't have a job so I can devote a ton of time to the affiliate business and poker. I decided to make three sites: A general poker sites with some semi original ideas added in down the road, A niche mac poker site (I play poker on a 17" apple power book + a dell 2004fp monitor), and a secret original idea that has never been done in online poker. This way i'll have three chances to make a ton of money !!!

I'll keep everyone updated from time to time with how i'm doing. I'll have my first site(ever) up november 1'st.
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange Google Results Today Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 4 03-09-2007 03:47 PM
How long..... Aidan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 08-18-2006 12:59 AM
Looking for long term advertisers on DeuceAce.com John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-26-2006 08:31 PM
Sportingbet Q1 results mean Party losing market sh Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 12-04-2005 04:06 AM
Thread for Offline Promoting Results mike General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 03-09-2005 03:56 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0