Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 328
Default Sizzz, Please Stop Stealing Content

After all the trouble you had with selling your site, and after you owed so many people money, I would have thought that you might have changed for the better.

I wouldn't be posting this on PAW if it was simply my own content that was being stolen, but I've just recently been informed that you have been taking content from other sites as well as mine. I was happy to talk to this about you privately in the hope that you would take down the content that has been copied from me, but its definitely in the interest of other affiliates that they keep an eye on your site from now on so that they don't have their content stolen from you also.

I can't be sure how many sites exactly that you have been taking from, or how much of your content is unique, but I know that you have been taking content from the following sites...

coinflippoker
plan3tgongpoker
thepokerbank (me)

sizzz's site: poker-freak.eu

So I'm sure that if you have any decent poker content on your site, you should check out poker-freak.eu just to see if any of your content has been stolen.

As I mentioned, I wasn't too bothered about making a big fuss about the content stealing, as although there are 4 articles that are copied from my site and had the wording changed around, there was only 1 that was showing up on copyscape. I feel frustrated that my work has just been abused by someone who is looking for an easy way to get some content onto their site. If you can't write your own unique strategy.

I was especially frustrated when you actually sent the links to articles to me over msn and wanting me to review them for you. Then after I mention that they are copies of my content, you continue to add another further two articles that have been taken from my site and had the wording changed around again.

Also, don't expect me to be the person to check if your content is unique or not, thats your job. So stop asking me to do so on msn.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
The up and comer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 525
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokerBank View Post

I was especially frustrated when you actually sent the links to articles to me over msn and wanting me to review them for you. Then after I mention that they are copies of my content, you continue to add another further two articles that have been taken from my site and had the wording changed around again.
lol. That can't be true.
__________________
JustinGoff.com


NEW GOAL - $15,000 per month by December 31st
November - $12,346 net income
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 239
Default

What content was stolen from www.coinflippoker.com ? I just browsed through the site and couldn't find it, but if you show it to me I'll file a complaint and they'll take down his site.
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2007, 04:52 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Check out http://www.poker-freak.eu/poker-mathematics.php - I believe its a word for word. Sorry I seriously need to pay for copyscape lol I have exceeded my limit for the day
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 11-02-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 548
Default

The guy owes me a lot of money from many many months ago. Apparently bluff hired him, surely not?!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 PM
mftpg mftpg is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Budapest, An Englishman Abroad
Posts: 93
Send a message via Yahoo to mftpg
Default

Thanks for your dilligence Pokerbank - checked and all ok from the plan3t gong perspective... when the payment issues surfaced I put some outstanding articles into my blog and pinged them fast... then removed them when payment came. Not my usual style but seemed a good precaution at the time!

Joining copyscape now at the top of my to do list...

Thanks again, Mark
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-02-2007, 05:39 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,488
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Well he must have seen this post cause the URL i posted like an hour ago has been removed. Hopefully your stuff gets taken down to pokerbank
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-02-2007, 05:39 PM
mfosouto mfosouto is offline
Knocked Johnny Chan out
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 162
Default

I believe that this guy should be banned from PAW, after some investigation and reading his version.
__________________
- Partnership: Tutoring for newbies. PM for details.
- Translation work: PM me for quality translations to Portuguese
- Links: | English to Portuguese Translations |
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 323
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Ban him and he'll be off our minds, we wont see *warning* threads like this so often.
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-02-2007, 09:35 PM
imteaz's Avatar
imteaz imteaz is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 443
Default

i hope, PAW admin take the action and ban him.
__________________
Online Poker | Widlite Directory | Arakco Directory | Bidding Directory
| California Directory | WidgetBucks $25 Free
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crash Course in CMS ThePokerBank Web Design Q&A 7 03-23-2007 11:25 AM
framed content, sitemaps, spiders xpertadvice4u Search Engine Optimization 1 02-09-2007 01:49 PM
Gambling Content Website for sale $2500+ per Month Verfiable! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 01-21-2007 03:51 AM
CONTENT! Orginal Fresh Unique Gambling Content LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 1 12-11-2006 07:17 PM
Stealing content without a backlink.... Flopster General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 02-17-2006 11:17 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0