Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Flopster Flopster is offline
Promoting since 2004
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 321
Default

Maybe someone here can answer this.

I recently did a backlink check on a site of mine. A press release I had put out appeared on several sites. The press release originally had several links back to my site. When I visited the site holding my press release I noticed my links had been disabled.

I am wondering if those links were active at the time google went through or can the url be crawled with out a hyperlink? Should I be upset with this and contact the site owner? Has anyone encountered this before?

Google still shows a backward link, but for how long?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
__________________
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,263
Default

I'd contact the owner of the site. I've found multiple sites that did the same thing for me. Tell them to either take the pr's down or work something out.

Later
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2006, 10:09 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,263
Default

Also PM me who it was. I'm pretty sure they do it to everyone.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have about 300 possible links from pr's, If you contact them...most of the time they give you the run around or just delete the page.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2006, 10:43 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,263
Default

Yeah I can see that if they just take 1 or 2. The site that steals mine has a lot more than 1 and their whole site involves ripped of news. They put up like 10-20 stolen pr's a day.

Later
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
The KID The KID is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 36
Default

It is probably this site...

xxhttp://www.reviewed-online-poker.com/online-poker-news

I have had several of my press releases picked up here (or should I say stolen). I am wondering, like Flopster, do the urls embedded within the pr get picked up by search engines without the hyperlink? Or has this site robbed me of content completely?

Has anyone else been picked up by this site? Have you contacted them before?



The Kid :blink:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-11-2006, 10:05 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

From what I understand you do not receive any benefit from a site that does not provide a clickable link to your site.

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Is there any action that can be taken? Most of the time when I contact someone about this, they just delete the page. Id rather have the link
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-12-2006, 02:02 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,263
Default

If they do it a lot let them build up so its a real pain for them to delete them all. Also search to see if they are doing it with other pr's on their site. That might scare them if they have a lot of stolen pr's so they'll give you a link to keep quiet. h34r: Just a suggestion

Later
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-12-2006, 03:32 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,694
Default

Pre ss releases are different than anything else. You need to look at the terms of the releasing company. Do they say the content must be used in full? If not, editing a press release to delete links seems within their rights, even if sleazy.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crash Course in CMS ThePokerBank Web Design Q&A 7 03-23-2007 11:25 AM
framed content, sitemaps, spiders xpertadvice4u Search Engine Optimization 1 02-09-2007 01:49 PM
Gambling Content Website for sale $2500+ per Month Verfiable! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 01-21-2007 03:51 AM
CONTENT! Orginal Fresh Unique Gambling Content LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 1 12-11-2006 07:17 PM
Anyone wanna trade content? SmackDog The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 09-14-2006 09:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0