Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-12-2006, 04:16 AM
dbirider's Avatar
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 315
Default

I just researched the sites that were using a press release that I submitted 2 months ago. I made a list of which ones screwed me and how and which ones left it intact... and then my browser crashed! Next time I plan on writing a long post I'll do it in word. :blink:

Well from doing a search for an exact phraze in the middle of the press release I found 15 sites with my $80 prweb press release on it. There were around 350 results if i searched for the title, but half of those redirect to prweb and the other half went to spam sites that were just a casino review page with no press releases on them.

There were 11 sites that took out all urls, and of those, 7 of them edited my press release. I saw new titles, just promotions for my site taken out, all the poker room names replaced with their affiliate links, and a missing last paragraph (which had details on my site).

Most of them were generic garbage sites plastered wtih affiliate links. The ones that took away my links and replaced every spot possible with their affiliate or review links really bothered me... but not enough to do anything about it.

prweb and emediawire kept my links intact, whichpoker.com kept everything and so did a mac site. That's all I could find... maybe some went away after two months.

I'm still experimenting with different PR sites and different contributions, but I still think they can be really beneficial. I wouldn't worry about the junk sites that mess with your press release. Maybe Maybe including a note at the bottom saying that the press release and all links must stay intact if the PR is copied can help
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Flopster Flopster is offline
Promoting since 2004
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by The KID@Feb 11 2006, 04:55 PM
It is probably this site...

xxhttp://www.reviewed-online-poker.com/online-poker-news

I have had several of my press releases picked up here (or should I say stolen). I am wondering, like Flopster, do the urls embedded within the pr get picked up by search engines without the hyperlink? Or has this site robbed me of content completely?

Has anyone else been picked up by this site? Have you contacted them before?



The Kid :blink:
Yes. This is the site. It makes me mad seeing the article on there without the links. But as PPP says it may be in the pr companies policies. I will look into it and let everyone know.

Everyone should check their backlinks to see if this site is robbing content from them.

:angry:
__________________
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I use prweb...anyone know off hand it they allow it?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Flopster Flopster is offline
Promoting since 2004
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 321
Default

I am waiting for their reply.
__________________
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Flopster Flopster is offline
Promoting since 2004
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 321
Default

I have found more sites with some of my press releases. All links removed. It is very annoying to see this. I think PR Web doesnt enforce the link removal.

What is one to do?

:huh:
__________________
A rolling stone gathers no moss.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crash Course in CMS ThePokerBank Web Design Q&A 7 03-23-2007 11:25 AM
framed content, sitemaps, spiders xpertadvice4u Search Engine Optimization 1 02-09-2007 01:49 PM
Gambling Content Website for sale $2500+ per Month Verfiable! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 01-21-2007 03:51 AM
CONTENT! Orginal Fresh Unique Gambling Content LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 1 12-11-2006 07:17 PM
Anyone wanna trade content? SmackDog The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 09-14-2006 09:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0