Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,023
Default So who bought potripper.com?

Very nice
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-20-2007, 05:02 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 876
Default

WOW, just read that AP is giving everyone who had their personal info given out will get $500!. It looks like even railbirds will get it...god...I'l give you guys my personal info for $500 lol....you guys may see some MGR from some of your non-depositing players in the coming weeks.
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-20-2007, 09:30 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
WOW, just read that AP is giving everyone who had their personal info given out will get $500!. It looks like even railbirds will get it...god...I'l give you guys my personal info for $500 lol....you guys may see some MGR from some of your non-depositing players in the coming weeks.
or a negative $500 charge on those players
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-20-2007, 09:35 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
or a negative $500 charge on those players
lol...you have a very good point!..but with $500 a typical freeroller/non-depositor will bring in about $5 rake before he donks it off...so -$495 isnt bad lol.
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-20-2007, 11:40 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,576
Default

It was available when I thought about buying it yesterday. I was actually talking to Jeremy about it at the time and I told him that I was going to pass on buying it... I wonder if he scooped it up...
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,274
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Nope, not me. I am not sure there is really any value in it or what the best course to monetize the domain would be.

If I did buy it, I would make it into something viral and comical though.

In 6 months nobody will be searching for absolute poker superuser or potripper searches.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-21-2007, 05:30 AM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 314
Default

Potripper could easily become a slang term for cheater.

Funnily enough I saw someone get called it last night on Cake after a few good plays, could become a term for someone playing as if they can see the cards?
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog | Pokerstars Marketing Code
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-21-2007, 06:45 AM
SixPak SixPak is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10
Default

ive bought domains like this before (involving something that has just been in the news) both poker related and business related and in several cases the traffic generated was massive and worth the few domains that did not turn out so profitable.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-21-2007, 06:16 PM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is online now
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 398
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Seems like it would be huge for a few weeks, and then die off.. I'm curious how the owner of this one got it in blog search soooo fast! The day it was bought there was posts listed.
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-23-2007, 05:05 AM
alexpratt alexpratt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 31
Default

There is someone on CAP selling links on the potripper.co.uk - Reckons he has had over 1,200 views in 48 hours
xxxxhttp://www.casinoaffiliateprograms.com/bb/showthread.php?p=142722#post142722
__________________
iGaming Business
CAP Euro
CAP Magazine Digital Version Issue 1 Issue 2 Issue 3 Issue 4
Subcribe to CAP Magazine FREE
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you ever bought posts kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 15 12-01-2007 04:51 PM
Anyone know who bought Tightpoker? hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 07-25-2007 01:16 AM
Will Neteller be bought and go private Beanie General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 12-29-2006 10:07 PM
Harrahs might get bought out Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 11-02-2006 08:27 PM
Anyone bought pixels from MillionDollarHomepage? Big Slick Poka General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-14-2005 06:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0