Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default Will Neteller be bought and go private

am I the only one that thinks this will happen. There would have to be buyers lined up to buy them and take them private.

I know the complications involve what the US can and can not do but the reality is they won't know for some time.

I expect this to happen pretty soon. Just a hunch.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,256
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I suppose it's possible Beanie. And after we almost bet what we bet in Amsterdam, I will not wager here.

But I would say the cost of a company like Neteller would be pretty high for the risk involved for buying them. Even if taking them private, you are rolling the dice that the U.S. banking system doesn't shut them out down the line.

If that happens, their value drops just like PartyGaming did on that sad day.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,186
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

I am changing the title so no one gets the wrong idea...like I did
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-28-2006, 08:41 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,019
Default

I have a few thoughts on this that I'll share next week, I'm heading to the airport this AM and won't return till next week. Turks and Caicos here we come!
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
I am changing the title so no one gets the wrong idea...like I did
I forget what the title was but I was trying to pose it as "is it possible".

Thanks for the change.

Certainly there is risk, but there is potential reward. It is completely possible that this law is unenforceable, or at least there would be no point. When you evaluate a business you take these factors into account.

All someone would need to do is pay the value of the Foriegn customers. Is the stock price still really low?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-28-2006, 04:25 PM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default

I dont think neteller would sell, i think they will make the necessary changes to continue to serve the United States market, atleast this is what i hope will happen, if not like jerremy said there will be another company to pick up the peices!
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

they will need to go private to stay in the US market. At least that is what most people think.

At this point it looks like they are goners.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-28-2006, 06:02 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,705
Default

$350,000,000 is a lot of cash to just buy something. You'd have to come up with a really accurate number of what it would be worth strictly without US customers... but then at that point, why would the company sell? If it was worth say $350m based on non-US action, what would they have to pay to get it? $385m? Even then, not a lot of private outfits have $35m to potentially just lose three months.

Obviously could be a great idea, but it seems like a great idea you wish somebody else would do just so you could see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-29-2006, 10:07 PM
stocktrader stocktrader is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33
Default

Am i the only one who thinks this is a crazy idea? buying a company right before a major law kicks in?

If it gets bought out it would be after. The potential buyers would buy them like Party bought Empire - let Neteller bow down to their shareholders and let it crash. Then pick it up for 20 cents on the dollar. Then go back into the market if you want to.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know who bought Tightpoker? hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 07-25-2007 01:16 AM
Harrahs might get bought out Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 11-02-2006 08:27 PM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
Something solid on Taxes adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 12-06-2005 03:01 AM
Just bought 2 decent domains texignweb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-23-2005 11:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0