Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Big Slick Poka Big Slick Poka is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 26
Default

I was wondering if anyone has bought ad space on MillionDollarHomepage.com??

Jeremy has written an article about the phenom site here...
http://www.partyriches.com/article.p...at=1&id_art=15

Is it worth it? What kind of traffic did you experience with what size ad?

Welcome any thoughts or feedback.

Cheers
__________________
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. :: http://www.PokerBigSlick.com ::
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Acapulco Acapulco is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Acapulco
Posts: 113
Default

I just put my turtle up there a few hours ago. I can see getting a good number of clicks, but it's going to be quite random traffic. The page has that "get one while they last" thing going on, plus I keep reading posts about it on this forum, so I couldn't resist. :blink:

I gotta run -- I heard that there are only 334 left of some new product on the home shopping channel.
__________________
Cheers,

Acapulco
poker sites
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-28-2005, 05:10 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 486
Default

Guys, look down the page a little

"Question for J S"

http://www.partyriches.com/forums/in...showtopic=2406
__________________
Poker Rakeback
Come see Rakeshark completely redesigned, it's pretty badass
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-28-2005, 05:22 PM
texignweb texignweb is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 372
Send a message via AIM to texignweb Send a message via MSN to texignweb
Default

Once all 1 million pixels are bought and occupied, do you think the site will see nearly as much traffic as now in its developing days?
__________________
Josh Ziman
[email protected]

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, your probably right."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Big Slick Poka Big Slick Poka is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 26
Default

I agree the traffic will definatly drop over time...I'm just wondering if it's worth 4 or 6 hundred to get a nice ad. Not sure how long it will take to pay for itself. I guess thats what risk is all about though.

Cheers
__________________
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. :: http://www.PokerBigSlick.com ::
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
MrMcGee's Avatar
MrMcGee MrMcGee is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 144
Default

Hmm.

- Completely random, untargetted, unmotivated, and eventually dwindling traffic.
- Competing with what will no doubt be several thousand other advertisers for said traffic.
- No potential SEO benefit.

If you're seriously considering buying some 'advertising' on his site, you should also be into this (feel free to replace this link with any of the 15,000 other sites that offer something similar). 100,000 visitors! OMG. They even have CASINO TARGETTED traffic!!!1!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-28-2005, 10:40 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default

Mrmcgee have you ever bought the casino traffic?If so, how did it go??
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-29-2005, 12:00 AM
MrMcGee's Avatar
MrMcGee MrMcGee is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 144
Default

I guess I should have been more straightforward with my sarcasm.

Don't waste your money on paid traffic like that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 444
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

MrMcgee is sadly correct here. One of the worst things an affiliate can do with his capital is purchase "traffic."
I did buy an ad on the MillionPixel site (blue CelebPoker in the right top corner) and the traffic was very large. Conversions is a different story but it's worth a shot if you've got an interesting pixel.
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Big Slick Poka Big Slick Poka is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 26
Default

I can't belive that guy has made over a quarter of a million dollars so far. I don't think I'll be giving him any of my money though. I think once it fills up, my pixels will just be lost in the massive about of ads. I sent some emails out about how much traffic sites with ad space were getting and it was no where near the 5000-6000 his case study claims to get with their tiny little yellow sponge.

Cheers.
__________________
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. :: http://www.PokerBigSlick.com ::
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know who bought Tightpoker? hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 07-25-2007 01:16 AM
Will Neteller be bought and go private Beanie General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 12-29-2006 10:07 PM
Harrahs might get bought out Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 11-02-2006 08:27 PM
Bought a new toy Georgia Poker The Cocktail Lounge 8 09-16-2005 09:22 AM
Just bought 2 decent domains texignweb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-23-2005 11:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0