Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
guljo guljo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15
Default making a contract

I recently read this tread, about trasfering the domain and all the bad stuff that happend to these people not havinig a legal deal on their agreement.

As I am getting in affilate relationship with one other site and I will actualy be a sub affiliate and my domain and site will actualy be on their server, so it can happen (which I highly doubt, as they are reputable affiliates) that I will suffer some bad things such as site loss with all the players I brought.

So do you suggest to make a contract with them, and how to make one, we are miles apart, is it possible to make it through internet?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:20 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 670
Default

No matter what contact you have. Keep the domain yourself and just point the DNS to them. If your just getting started and they already have the domain have them transfer it to you, no matter how uncomfortable that might feel to ask - Do it now.
If its your site there is no good reason for anyone but you to own the domain.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:24 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 866
Default

Why don't you just get your own hositing plan? It isn't that expensive.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:27 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahh View Post
Why don't you just get your own hositing plan? It isn't that expensive.
I would guess he is using their backend for some kind of more advanced system or affiliate program.

If not then the whole situation would not make much sense.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:39 PM
guljo guljo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerProp View Post
I would guess he is using their backend for some kind of more advanced system or affiliate program.

If not then the whole situation would not make much sense.
exactly, and I just pointed my DNS to them,

I am all good like this?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,122
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I would never under any circumstance transfer the actual domain, unless they bought it from you or there is an arrangement that states the ownership is changing. Once you change the domains ownership via the registrar, you're pretty much at the liberty of whom you made the transfer too.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-2007, 01:49 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guljo View Post
exactly, and I just pointed my DNS to them,

I am all good like this?
Good domain wise. Having a written agreement is also a decent idea (A must in many people's book) regarding how the rest of the deal works.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should we consider making a PAW Poker Room? mfosouto General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 09-15-2007 12:27 AM
UB Stats not making sense again - just at Chipleader corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 08-26-2007 12:07 PM
Making new home page, what to add? gooderpoker Web Design Q&A 7 04-13-2007 01:56 AM
Well were going to be making less at Ap the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 02-17-2007 04:10 PM
making a directory the27offsuit.com Web Design Q&A 6 01-12-2007 08:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0