| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 09-26-2007, 02:08 PM
|
|
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,074
|
|
I think it would be a section for topics like the Absolute issues. More of a chat room then a secret forum.
Also, it would be a great area for Mark and I to poach the shit out of the long time affiliates  jk
Its up the the bossman.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
|
 09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,625
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holis
discussing affiliate payments, current stance on law, problems with AM's, special offers, etc.
|
Again, what would you possibly say in pseudo-private that you would not say in public?
And more to the point, private discussions are normally useless. Discussing these issues publicly would have value. (And the title concept in particular is bad... would all non-members of this forum be non-trusted by definition?)
|
 09-26-2007, 02:29 PM
|
|
PAW Staff
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,970
|
|
Well I'm glad the discussion is opened up. I would rather the group as a whole make a decision if they want this or not. Also if you are GPWA member, they have private forums to discuss this stuff.
The last few decisions I have made here have not been seen as favorable. So I'll let it be discussed for a while. 
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained
"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
|
 09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 933
|
|
How about that I just was diagnosed with diabetes? is that a good example for you ? Maybe i should just PM the people i really care to share it with. Whatever
You can replace "trusted" with "private" if it floats your boat... why are you so against this pp ? No one is forcing you to read, respond or participate to my knowledge.
__________________
Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code or our Full Tilt Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus Code | Cake Poker Bonus Code | Las Vegas Webcams | Casino Captain
|
 09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holis
How about that I just was diagnosed with diabetes? is that a good example for you ?
|
That seems like the worst example ever. You want a private forum set up, just so we can post about our personal health issues? If you want to tell people about then PM 'em - a post in a private forum set up to discuss sensitive affiliate issues seems silly.
And overall I disagree with a private forum, mainly because everything works fine as it is. If there's something sensitive that I don't want to post in a public forum....I'm most likely still not going to, or at least be very apprehensive about posting it online at all, even if in a forum marked "private". You would have to be careful because say I post something sensitive about a poker room, then I piss off another affiliate here who is also a member, and in spite they send that to the poker room?
It also can create division between members if some are allowed in but some aren't, and I just don't see any real point to it.
This is a vote for Nay.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
|
 09-26-2007, 03:12 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,187
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Also if you are GPWA member, they have private forums to discuss this stuff.
|
I think having a private section would be great for;
as pointed out the AP issue
the blowout that already happened today- I think those kinds of arguments can be needed when PM's and emails no longer work, but when it comes down to name calling, personal details about someones life, or idle threats...your crossing the line and it makes everyone look bad out in public like this IMO
I think they can be of use for those reasons but I hope PAW does not change into where information/help is passed down only to those who are in that area...topics helping others learn should be able to be accessed by any member whether they post or not. I think if to many things become a "private" area it will decrease the value this forum has for alot of people.
Just my two cents
*sorry to hear that Holis
__________________
|
 09-26-2007, 03:21 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,625
|
|
The AP issue is exactly why a private forum is a horrible idea. Any issues like that should be discussed in the open. Doing it privately is sleazy. Likewise the two contentious threads here in the past day would be foolish, and offensive, to have private.
As for diabetes, i can't imagine why you would post that on a private forum.
One reason PAW works far better than the two similar forums is there isn't a cool kids, us/them distinction. Novices can contribute as peers. Experienced visitors can drop in for threads about their specific sites/issues/cardrooms.
If people want a chatty social club, please do it somewhere else than a professional affiliate forum where the free exchange of ideas amongst all is the engine that makes it run.
|
 09-26-2007, 03:25 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 698
|
|
Sometimes there are things that maybe shouldn't be discussed in public like whether or not to ban a user here on PAW or if somebody is having problems with a AM..
I agree with Kaus that general information and help should be kept in public. Just as it is now.
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
|
 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253
|
|
n/m
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
|
 09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,187
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
The AP issue is exactly why a private forum is a horrible idea. Any issues like that should be discussed in the open.
|
Obviously it can't for reasons...no offense on this but if it could be discussed openly than it would be done...
Quote:
| . Likewise the two contentious threads here in the past day would be foolish, and offensive, to have private. |
Having two people come on here ...one who makes himself look like a complete and total jackass making threats. Not to mention discussing someones wife in what I can only say is sick beyond belief is wrong. Yes the thread played out as it should but people do come on here and read this garbage and do post elsewhere. It looks bad when things get that out of hand.
With your other comment in relation to the two similar forums. I agree with information being public and have said so elsewhere. I just suggest maybe having sensitive issues taken elsewhere
.
__________________
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.
|