Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2006, 10:31 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,236
Default

What kind of tactics do you use to get forum members to post. Im thinking of posting some really controversial subjects just to get some action. Lots of post views but hard to get people posting.

Thanks
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2006, 01:55 AM
HT0 HT0 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 25
Default

Nothing is worse than an empty forum. Users dont want to join a forum withouth lots of activity, and you dont get activity as long as the users dont want to post. It's a Catch22.

When starting a new forum i normaly rent people to post. I dont have time/english skills to write hundreds of post myself, so I buy lots of posts from one of the many companies providing this type of service.

You can find posting companies at DP , or you can search google for 'paid forum posts'.

Before you select a posting company you should make sure the posters knows about the topic, and it's a good idea to ask for examples of previous work. Renting posters with no poker knowledge will not help your forum.
__________________
Black Jack Card Counting Strategy x Crazy Pineapple Poker
Black Jack Betting Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 109
Default

Promotions are also a really good way. Say you're going to have a drawing for a free poker book, $50 bucks, etc.. for everybody who has 50/100/200+ posts. That will get people posting.

Make sure you specify quality posts, or you'll get a bunch of one worders.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay@Feb 23 2006, 08:21 AM
Promotions are also a really good way. Say you're going to have a drawing for a free poker book, $50 bucks, etc.. for everybody who has 50/100/200+ posts. That will get people posting.

Make sure you specify quality posts, or you'll get a bunch of one worders.
Sorry but I have to disagree on that idea. I've tried those in the past and you either wind up with BS posts just raise their post count or you get no change at all. Keep in mind I'm talking about big incentives such as a $250.00 freeroll for the top 10 posters, etc. I've done in the past and didn't get good results.

You can implement a "poker cash" type point system where posts are awarded points based on content and # of characters. You can find phBB mods for this and vB has one as well.

Your best bet is to hire forum posters that can provide good, well written content. Get them on a 90 day contract and promote the hell out of your forum in the interim. Better be prepared to pay out some $$$ to build it though.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2006, 09:01 AM
pokernut pokernut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 141
Default

I do a $200 FreeRoll for the Top 20 posters. I choose them, its not quanity, but consistant quality post thru out the month. Its worked quite well. Let them know the rules a head of time and ones that contribute a few times a week will get rewarded.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2006, 10:30 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,567
Default

Hoursurfer... we should swap posts at our sites...

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-23-2006, 10:42 PM
GregK GregK is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,086
Default

I'll do a little post swappin real soon

it is a pain to start a new forum at first.
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-23-2006, 11:17 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

I'd certainly be down for some post swapping if anyone is interested..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-24-2006, 12:03 AM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,567
Default

Okay guys... heres my forum if you want to sign up. Lets swap some posts!

Poker Forum

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Poker All-In Poker All-In is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 18
Default

I'd be willing to swap posts too. I already belong to a group that does this, but i think the more posts from different visitors the better off.
__________________
I've done everything I've ever wanted to do, accept win a million dollars.

http://www.pokerall-in.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Important Neteller Information I liked them too Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Cocktail Lounge 0 01-19-2007 05:06 AM
Forum Post Trade imteaz The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 08-28-2006 01:53 PM
Forum Post Swapping NeverBeg The Poker Affiliate Exchange 11 03-05-2006 04:47 PM
Post in my forum and I will.... adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 11-15-2005 11:09 PM
Slowdrive Conversation (asked me to post) FattyOwnz The Spam Forum 7 07-20-2005 05:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0