| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 05-29-2007, 09:06 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 278
|
|
Advertising Space Value
Hey guys, wondering if I could get a few opinions on this:
I have received an email from someone that would like to advertise on my site. It is not from a poker room offering a certain CPA for the position, but from someone that wants to pay X amount for X amount of time. The position they would like is on the homepage of my site (see sig) where the Titan banner is currently displayed.
I genuinely do not have much of an idea of how much this position would be worth, so could anyone give me some figures? e.g per month etc?
A few details of my site:
I get around 600 visitors per month, with about 20% coming from search engines organically. The rest comes from poker related forums (so the traffic is pretty decent).
The site is only about 4/5 months old, so its still pretty much in the sandbox but I hope over the next few months it should make its way out.
The site is PR1 (amazing I know).
I'm not desperately trying to sell the space, but I would mind doing so if the price is right. So what price range should I be asking for?
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
|
 05-29-2007, 09:30 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 208
|
|
well, how much is that banner for titan poker currently earning you ?
if they are offering more then its current earnings, then it seems like a good deal (unless your site is growing really fast and you think that the titan poker banner would earn more in a few months comapared to the fixed rate you have been offered)
So you have to take the time they want into account too compared to how fast your site is growing
__________________
Online Gambling Directory Inner pages PR4 $5 p/m good for deeplinking
Casino Gambling Directory Pr5 links Available
Internet Gambling Directory Pr4 links available or submit your site for a free pr3 link for a Pr2+ recipricol link in return
Contact me for all options available
|
 05-29-2007, 10:27 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 278
|
|
The Titan banner isn't earning me anything at the moment, so I guess it may be a good idea to sell the space. If I do sell the space it would probably be for 3 months max because the site may start to take off soon.
The thing is they are not actually offering me anything, they are asking me how much it is going to cost them. I don't know how much would be appropriate, so any ideas?
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
|
 05-29-2007, 10:29 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 487
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokerBank
The Titan banner isn't earning me anything at the moment, so I guess it may be a good idea to sell the space. If I do sell the space it would probably be for 3 months max because the site may start to take off soon.
The thing is they are not actually offering me anything, they are asking me how much it is going to cost them. I don't know how much would be appropriate, so any ideas?
|
I'd throw out an offer, maybe $20-30 a month? That seems reasonable.
EDIT!
Just looked at your site, i would say charge more then that, it is in the main section of your site.
__________________
Poker Strategy
Pokerstars Review
|
 05-29-2007, 11:27 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,001
|
|
I say charge them whatever you want and see what they say back. You can and most likely will get bartered, online especially. If you want $50/month for it then say so and see what they reply.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
|
 05-29-2007, 11:45 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 278
|
|
I was hoping for a little more than $50, I have a good CPA deal with Titan at the moment so thinking about it that space is quite valuable to me. Especially when you take into account the fact that some visitors will be redierected away from my site upon clciking the ad.
I think I will shoot for something high, but not be to bothered if I'm turned down.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
|
 05-29-2007, 12:42 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,001
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePokerBank
I was hoping for a little more than $50, I have a good CPA deal with Titan at the moment so thinking about it that space is quite valuable to me. Especially when you take into account the fact that some visitors will be redierected away from my site upon clciking the ad.
I think I will shoot for something high, but not be to bothered if I'm turned down.
|
I didn't mean $50 exactly just using it as an example. If you want $500/ month for it then say so. I guess my point was that it doesn't hurt to set your price as you please if they are the ones seeking you out in the first place.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
|
 05-29-2007, 03:28 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,605
|
|
Normally this is easy, but if you aren't making money from the slot now then you have to just make something up.
Don't think about what the banner could earn you, think about what it is... offer $100/month, take $250 for three months, track the clicks on the banners (something you should at least be doing on the Titan banner now), revealuate the price in two and a half months.
|
 05-29-2007, 04:09 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 278
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
Normally this is easy, but if you aren't making money from the slot now then you have to just make something up.
Don't think about what the banner could earn you, think about what it is... offer $100/month, take $250 for three months, track the clicks on the banners (something you should at least be doing on the Titan banner now), revealuate the price in two and a half months.
|
You hit the nail on the head there. I offered $100 with the intention of lowering to $250 exactly for 3 months. I offered 3 months max because the space may be worth a bit more in the coming months. Had no reply as of yet.
I had not previously been tracking the clicks (pretty stupid in hindsight), but I am just getting to grips with phpadsnew which should help with the info on these sort of things and more.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
|
 05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 133
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
Don't think about what the banner could earn you, think about what it is... offer $100/month, take $250 for three months, track the clicks on the banners (something you should at least be doing on the Titan banner now), revealuate the price in two and a half months.
|
This is something I don't do that I probably should. If you could point me to some resources that can do this it would be much appreciated.
__________________
Poker Articles
My new blog on how to be an Online Poker Pro
Join My Squidoo Group and Get a Free Link For Your Site: Rules of Poker
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.
|