Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default Moving to The Midwest!!!

Hey all,

I know there are a lot of Mid-Westerners here and I just got a job offer in Madison, WI and will be moving there shortly. I'm coming from Southern California so I know the family is going to enjoy the cold weather

I went to school in Alaska so cold weather and ice and snow are just something to get used to.

But what about poker? I know they have a few casinos in Wisconsin but I hear poker is looked down on more in the Mid-West than out here. Is this true? Any body from WI and wan't to give me some feedback about doing affiliate business and playing poker there?

Thanks

BTW I went through Rockford, IL this weekend while out there and was thinking this was where Jermey's from? I may be wrong here but I gave you a shoutout from the highway anyway...
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore
Hey all,

I know there are a lot of Mid-Westerners here and I just got a job offer in Madison, WI and will be moving there shortly. I'm coming from Southern California so I know the family is going to enjoy the cold weather

I went to school in Alaska so cold weather and ice and snow are just something to get used to.

But what about poker? I know they have a few casinos in Wisconsin but I hear poker is looked down on more in the Mid-West than out here. Is this true? Any body from WI and wan't to give me some feedback about doing affiliate business and playing poker there?

Thanks

BTW I went through Rockford, IL this weekend while out there and was thinking this was where Jermey's from? I may be wrong here but I gave you a shoutout from the highway anyway...
I am originally from the midwest( Illinois), as far as poker being "frowned upon" dont sweat it. Madison is full of poker players(homegames/college). Phil Hellmuth played the homegame circuit for years in Madison ( and other Wisconsin towns) before he won his first WSOP title.
You wont find "real" poker rooms the size of the ones in SoCal, but there are a few smaller ones around, though now sure how close to Madison anymore.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-09-2007, 05:08 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Thanks Caz,

Anyone know anything about being an affiliate there? I know they have some Internet gambling stipulations but what about Affiliates?

__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,228
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I haven't gone to jail yet.... There are some poker rooms around there. I think Ho-Chunk Indian Reservation might have a poker room now. If not Green Bay has a casino that I am certain has a poker room.

Likewise Harrahs in Chicago/Indiana has one. All these are nice day trips from Madison.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2007, 01:03 AM
AlanAces AlanAces is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Default

Potowatomi in Milwaukee is the place to go for poker. Its about an hour and a half drive from Madison. They are the only place in the state with pot limit omaha and nl holdem. Welcome to Madison Losercore, if you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them. Ive lived in Madison for 17 years
__________________
50%+ Rakeback you can trust!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-2007, 12:47 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanAces
Potowatomi in Milwaukee is the place to go for poker. Its about an hour and a half drive from Madison. They are the only place in the state with pot limit omaha and nl holdem. Welcome to Madison Losercore, if you have any other questions I will be happy to answer them. Ive lived in Madison for 17 years
Thanks man.

I just might have some questions
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2007, 03:47 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 863
Default

I live in IL, the only think I know about gambling in WI is that you can gamble when you are 18 at the indian casinos up there
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Need poker room reviews, player bio's or basic strategy articles? PM me...cheap rates
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-12-2007, 05:40 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl
I live in IL, the only think I know about gambling in WI is that you can gamble when you are 18 at the indian casinos up there
Where in IL? I grew up in the Quad Cities.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greg Powell is moving... gPowell General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 03-24-2007 04:36 PM
Moving on.... Stephen ParadisePoker.com 11 11-17-2006 06:48 PM
Moving Offshore? PokerMaster The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 10-03-2006 06:31 PM
Melissa Midwest joins us tonight Kyle General Poker Chat 2 09-01-2006 09:55 AM
Looking for Aff Man Position - Moving out of U.S Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 06-25-2006 12:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0