Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > TonyGPoker.com

TonyGPoker.com Discuss TonyGPokercom's Affiliate Programs and chat with their Affiliate Managers, Jose here.

 
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-02-2006, 09:48 PM
TexasHoldem TexasHoldem is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Default Classic! TonyG - The Scam Begins

Ok so I started my rant in this thread, but I can see it is going to go on for a little bit, so I thought I would start a new one ..

This is the exact email I got from TonyGPoker Support

-------------------------------
Issue: Withdrawal request
Issue Number: 4699
Creation Date: 12/02/2006
Description:

Hello,
We will not reply to any requests sent from unverified email addresses.
If you would like to register and use the email address you are sending from, please send in your first and last names, complete postal mailing address, and date of birth.
Regarding the POKERNEWSLTD promotion:
Please read the terms and conditions of the promotion.
Create an account and deposit at least $10 for an extra $75 to be added to your account instantly. The extra $75 is then yours to play with!
Terms:
- This promotion is for new players only.
- One account per household.
- Players must earn 750 FPP before making a withdrawal of bonus money and winnings.
- If you don’t earn the 750 FPP in 30 days, the free $75 will be removed from your account.
- No inter-account transfers will be allowed.
- You still qualify for the special 200% to $600 deposit bonus on your deposit. This bonus will not expire.
- TonyGPoker reserves the right to request ID for withdrawals.
- TonyGPoker reserves the right to suspend accounts if players are suspected to be involved in fraudulent or unfair activity or do not adhere to other terms.
http://www.tonygpoker.com/landing/pokernewsextra75.htm

If you have any further questions, please contact us (from your registered address).
Kind regards,
Don
TonyG Poker Support
-------------------------------

Have a look at the LINK they sent, and have a look at the terms in the email. They are slightly different. The published ones are below, take special care reading term #3. The website conveniently have this extra information added:

"If you withdraw before 750 FPP, you will only be able to withdraw up the amount of your initial deposit."

Here are the terms as posted on the website, the link they sent to me in the email.

-------------------------------
POKERNEWS EXTRA $75 PROMOTION

Create an account and deposit at least $10 for an extra $75 to be added to your account instantly. The extra $75 is then yours to play with!
Terms:
  1. This promotion is for new players only.
  2. One account per household.
  3. Players must earn 750 FPP before making a withdrawal of bonus money and winnings. If you withdraw before 750 FPP, you will only be able to withdraw up the amount of your initial deposit.
  4. If you don’t earn the 750 FPP in 30 days, the free $75 will be removed from your account.
  5. No inter-account transfers will be allowed.
  6. You still qualify for the special 200% to $600 deposit bonus on your deposit. This bonus will not expire.
  7. TonyGPoker reserves the right to request ID for withdrawals.
  8. TonyGPoker reserves the right to suspend accounts if players are suspected to be involved in fraudulent or unfair activity or do not adhere to other terms.
-------------------------------

The only thing I change above was bolding the discrepancy.

So, as I said previously in the "Withdraw" thread, I deposited $75, got $75 free. I am down $30, pulled $75, leaving $45.

Stay tuned for more exciting scams from TonyGPoker ..

Will the support team conveniently change more terms and conditions to prevent my withdrawal?

Will they drag it out for another 20 odd days, enough time to inact Term 4 and "remove the $75 from my account"?

Will they quickly change the terms and conditions on the website to match their scam?


Oh, btw, I would take a screenshot but I know that can be faked. So I looked at the cached version of the link from Google.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...n&ct=clnk&cd=1

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://www.tonygpoker.com/landing/pokernewsextra75.htm as retrieved on 25 Nov 2006 00:32:50 GMT.

It clearly shows the extra information in Term #3, so they can't change it on me
  #2  
Old 12-02-2006, 09:55 PM
TexasHoldem TexasHoldem is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Default

Btw, how funny is this:

------------------------
We will not reply to any requests sent from unverified email addresses.
If you would like to register and use the email address you are sending from, please send in your first and last names, complete postal mailing address, and date of birth.
------------------------

So if I can't send mail from the address that they will listen to, why ask for all the other information from the same email address?

I could email them back from if I wanted. Any idiot knows that you can SEND fake email headers, but as long as they reply to the email address registered in my account, as I instructed them to do, then it will be safe.

My account registered with them is and I am emailing them from and they wont help me. LOL.

Surely lots of people here do this? Avoid spam by using an alias for every site you sign up to etc?

I got spam from Fairpoker once to and let the guys know. Obviously I don't like it when they sell my email addresses or when someone at Titan steals player lists and sells them to someone running fairpoker ads. Anyway, that's another story.

It's just a joke how they won't just reply to the email address in my account.
  #3  
Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 PM
TexasHoldem TexasHoldem is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Default

Jose is on the case for me.
  #4  
Old 12-03-2006, 02:48 AM
TexasHoldem TexasHoldem is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Default

Withdrawal has now been processed.

I did not have to provide any further information or ID.

It just so happens that it takes over a week for a withdrawal if you are part of a promotion that even the promoter themselves does not know the terms and conditions
  #5  
Old 12-03-2006, 06:32 PM
TexasHoldem TexasHoldem is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Default

TonyG Support have got back to me again, explaining that the web promotion and support replies are now "in sync".

"The support response has been modified to include the following sentence, so the promotion URL and support response will match exactly."

I still have no idea why the Neteller withdrawal took a week, however they gave me a free tournament entry coupon for all this mess so I guess I'll just "forget about it"


  #6  
Old 12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,094
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Glad to hear they did write thing, nice work Jose.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
  #7  
Old 12-04-2006, 01:43 AM
TexasHoldem TexasHoldem is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 20
Default

And the "right" thing also
  #8  
Old 12-04-2006, 08:56 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,326
Default

Lol
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Huge and Sneaky Phising Scam On Full Tilt JohnG General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 02-11-2007 11:36 AM
Is PPA a scam? PokerProp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 17 01-24-2007 12:48 PM
TonyG Support? No Answer? [email protected] TonyGPoker.com 3 11-28-2006 12:01 PM
Linking to TonyG losercore General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 10-28-2006 01:51 AM
Scam artists Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 07-05-2006 10:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0