Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-22-2007, 05:29 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 439
Default Isn't this forum for asking questions?

OK, moderated for my own tone....let me try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
If you really need me to explain why, .
Isn't that what the forum is for? If you don't want to explain, then why bother to reply to people's queries?

My understanding is that the forum is also here to help beginners - not just established businesses with lots of money.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
Many companies pay enormous amounts for seo work and in that case I would have jumped at the opportunity. You pawning your tv has nothing to do with me or anyone else for that matter.
It appears this thread is more about what Kyle would or would not work for, rather than helping to find a member assistance that is accessible and affordable and trustworthy given his circumstances.

I would think that an SEO expert would want to know how much of a budget a client had for marketing - in general - not just to pay the consultant...because any complete SEO program is going to require opening up the advertising pocketbook as well...isn't it?

You seem to be implying that anybody with a limited budget who wants help with SEO - and does not want to be ripped off - should just crawl into a hole and die, because they are not worth the effort to anybody who REALLY knows what they are doing - like YOU.

He asked for help with SEO...but your tone in these posts is not consistent with the
helpful approach I've come to anticipate in Moderators at PAW.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)

Last edited by xpertadvice4u : 03-22-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default

Be careful whatever you do, alot of seo companies will black hat you all the way to the penalty box
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,230
Default

I'd have to agree with Kyle on this one. If you have a small budget you're better off spending the $79 on seobook.com and reading it through and doing the seo yourself. You can read the book in a few days and know everything you need to know about seo. After that just ask questions in any seo forum on more detailed questions.

Then when you start making money and understand the basics of seo you can hire someone. There are plenty of people that will do it for cheap but God knows what they'll do to your site. The basics of seo are too easy and valuable not to know.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,230
Default

P.S. If you post your site I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to give some recommendations.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-22-2007, 10:06 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 439
Default I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoursurfing
I'd have to agree with Kyle on this one. If you have a small budget you're better off spending the $79 on seobook.com and reading it through and doing the seo yourself. You can read the book in a few days and know everything you need to know about seo.
At least you offered a concrete suggestion about where to start...besides Google.

But...if you claim that everything you need to know about SEO can be gained from a $79 book - within a few days - and you can do it *all* yourself - then how could somebody justify claiming that only people who charge $1,000 per week REALLY know what they are doing?

I understand the point that some people with these skills would get a better ROI on their time by working on their own SEO programs...if you are talking about somebody who is actually going to be doing the dirty nitty-gritty stuff on somebody else's behalf.

Sort of a "those who *can* DO, and those who *can't* become consultants approach".....

Seems to me there are a few SEO-type tasks that people often outsource - like article writing, article submission, directory submissions, keyword research.

Your point is well taken, as Adioking's recent experience with a temp writer demonstrates - that you can hurt yourself if you get hired help that is no good....

Which I thought was the point of posting in a forum and asking for recommendations....

Not to be just dismissed as wanting something for nothing - and not being willing to pay for what you need - just because you cannot afford $1,000 a week.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-22-2007, 11:22 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,230
Default

The reason $1000 is so little is because it takes a ton of time to optomize a site. The only thing $1000 will get you is a run down on your onpage factors and maybe a few crappy reciprocal links done. Plus what can you really do with $1000 when it comes to buying links. You pay for a couple links (most do 6 months to 1 year) in advance and you're already over that budget.

I guarantee everything you need to know is in a good seo book. After that it just takes time and money.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 PM
PKing PKing is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 64
Default

I wouldn't pay anyone a dime for SEO work to be honest.

You want to build something that lasts.. write really good content that people will find useful. They'll link to said content. Use social bookmarking. You keep slugging away at the content and you have an absolute beast of a site in 6 months that will compete with almost any site out there. I mean really, what more is there to it than that? I've bought a condo by the beach, two cars and countless other things doing exactly that. Not bragging or anything, but there's really no secret to it..
__________________
Poker King
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 994
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

You know what xpertadvice4u I am sorry you don't like my tone but I'm not gonna sugar coat anything and everyone around here knows that. I know several people that could do his site but $1000 will cover the consultation only. These people don't take shortcuts and use bh techniques that will hurt you more than help you, because they have reputations to uphold and are known for continued success.

I am not at all trying to imply someone who has $1000 for their poker site is poor so dont put words in my mouth either. I'd rather give the sound advice like I have than to send him to some $1000 a site seo company in a 3rd world country and be the guy that forever messed up his poker site.

Post your site and I will give you some tips for free, and so will other people (gooderpoker).
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 994
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

I also agree with hoursurfing. You can learn alot with $1000 or less and do the seo yourself. At the very least you need to know some things about seo, or else people are going to rip you off right in front of your face.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-23-2007, 04:24 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 994
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertadvice4u
OK, moderated for my own tone....let me try again.



I would think that an SEO expert would want to know how much of a budget a client had for marketing - in general - not just to pay the consultant...because any complete SEO program is going to require opening up the advertising pocketbook as well...isn't it?

He asked for help with SEO...but your tone in these posts is not consistent with the
helpful approach I've come to anticipate in Moderators at PAW
I have always helped new members here at PAW, and it has always been for free.

To answer your question, a complete seo program is going to require you opening up your pocketbook for links, but that has nothing to do with marketing, it is still SEO. Don't get the two confused.

SEO consists of tons of things, including **** tags, titles, on page optimization, link building (one way, reciprocal, 3 way, etc.). Marketing is another animal. Here is a quote by John Scott to explain it nicely.

"**** tags are not a marketing strategy. Pages titles do not affect conversion ratios. ROI has little to do with search engine optimization. Search engine optimization does not sell the product; it never has and it never will."

I was in no way trying to be rude to the OP. It doesnt matter if he has $1000 to promote this site he could have a million in the bank and it could be a hobby. Next time you try to jump on my back when I ask a simple question remember that I do this 14 hours a day 6 days a week and I know what I'm talking about.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0