Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,190
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Why I hate DMOZ

This is the category PAW apparently is not worthy of being in: (I've applied a couple times in 12 months)

http://dmoz.org/Games/Gambling/Consu...Opportunities/

This is what DMOZ deems as a quality site for this category.

http://www.gamblingexits.com/

I've also applied to edit with no success. Which actually is the reason this category has gone to shit........there is no editor assigned. All you can do is shake your head and laugh.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-12-2006, 03:54 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,694
Default

That's just a domain that expired or changed content. It used to be a fine site. You can check it out on archive.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 113
Default

DMOZ is a crock of shit.

Check out this blog, Corrupt DMOZ Editor corruptdmozeditor.com

Last edited by Brandon : 06-14-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,065
Default

Everytime you submit your site it gets put at the end of the review list again.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,530
Default

I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect that Jeremy or Brandon might want to edit Jay's post and remove the hard-coded links to the corrupt DMOZ editor blog. (Since the blog links to websites with such brilliant gems of anchor text like "gay porn" etc., it MIGHT be one of those "bad neighborhoods" that you'll sometimes hear people say you shouldn't link to.)

I don't have moderator capabilities here anymore, or I'd fix the links myself.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,172
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

good call Randy. Glad to see you around as well.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 113
Default

Sorry about that. You could have left the url there, just not as a link.

I added it back. DMOZ is pathetic, and I just want it to implode and be gone because it is making some people really rich.

It used to be such a nice thing too.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2006, 04:09 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,694
Default

I'd like people not to make wild, inaccurate statements on forums with little relationship to reality. We both won't be getting our wishes though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-2006, 05:58 AM
cylai cylai is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 28
Default

hey,
dun waste your time with DMOZ.

I suppose you want to get listed in DMOZ for obvious reason: quality linking. Do you know that links from .gov and. edu is pretty valuable too? Note that nowaday many high school and college students have their homepage hosted in their schools' servers. sometimes like:
http://www.university.edu/anyname
Persuade them to link to your site. Be friends with them, be creative. What about a pizza/beer for a link?
__________________
I Hate ebay! But I make $5000/mo from it!
With no products!
I will show you how!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linking to places like Wiki, Goog, DMOZ Nick0r Search Engine Optimization 2 10-11-2006 04:05 AM
PR5 Dmoz listed site for sale Boogalou_007 The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 10-04-2006 12:23 AM
Crooked Editor Gets Banned from DMOZ Kyle Search Engine Optimization 2 08-23-2006 02:11 PM
Hate to do it. gumbajohnny The Poker Affiliate Exchange 8 06-19-2006 08:20 AM
How Important Is A DMOZ Listing For Poker Sites? Boogalou_007 Search Engine Optimization 4 03-08-2006 01:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0