Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Boogalou_007 Boogalou_007 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 55
Default

After almost a year of trying, my main site was finally listed in the DMOZ this week I'm absolutely amazed. I thought it was nearly impossible for new gambling sites to get a listing!

So does this mean I can expect my search engine rankings to increase a bit? Or has it been downgraded so much in googles eyes that it's virtually meaningless?
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 07:05 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,372
Default

Good links are always good, and you will always get benefits, and it has always been and continues to be a good place to have a link. It won't make your breakfast in the morning though. It's just one of many good things that can happen.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 07:09 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 938
Default

A DMOZ listing will never be worth nothing, not what it used to be though.

I've heard all kinds of tales of editor corruption, editor bribery etc. over the last year or so too. Some true, some not

Good to see you made it in!

cheers
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 03-08-2006, 12:49 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

Two of my sites got listed in the local section of DMOZ.
It produces a lot of backlinks.

The local section of DMOZ is easy to get into for Norwegian gambling sites.
Takes a week or two
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 03-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Boogalou_007 Boogalou_007 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PPP@Mar 7 2006, 09:05 PM
It won't make your breakfast in the morning though.
Lol PPP Ok, then I won't expect any miracles.

Gregk, I'd heard the rumors and such as well and thought there was no way I'd ever get in, so I'm very happy. You know how it is when you're told you can't have something, you just want it even more.

And PPP, without sounding like a kiss-arse, thanks for all your posts on this forum. In all seriousness if I hadn't found this forum and absorbed yours, Randy's, and Jeremy's posts, I never would have gotten in or even had a successful site at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Poker / Gambling / Casino sites vxp22 The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 02-10-2007 10:34 AM
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 01:39 AM
Free Bankroll Sites NeverBeg The Poker Affiliate Exchange 5 09-08-2006 11:32 AM
Crooked Editor Gets Banned from DMOZ Kyle Search Engine Optimization 2 08-23-2006 12:11 PM
Content Farms vs. Idea Sites Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-11-2006 03:18 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0