Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com

PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com Discuss PokerRoom.com's Affiliate Program as well as PokerAffiliate.com's programs and chat with their Affiliate Manager Carly here.

 
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,015
Default

In my four years of being a poker affiliate I've never had something this outrageous occur. I run one of the tightest programs around and NEVER, EVER have broken a TOS or T&C's on one my sites. So today, out of the friggin blue I get this email from Poker Affiliate:

Quote:
Hi, Your PokerAffiliate.com Account has been permanently closed as we have detected serious irregularities in your account history.

At PokerAffiliate.com we have extremely sophisticated systems for analyzing our site activity, cash-flow, and relationships between accounts. You can be assured that we see a very clear picture of the activity you have been involved in. As you have broken our PokerAffiliate.com terms and conditions in a very serious manner we will not be unblocking your account. It will remain closed permanently as we do not tolerate this behaviour. Bear in mind that we are able to prosecute fraudulent activity to the fullest extent of the law.

Please see a copy of these terms below: No household members allowed "Player(s)" means a person who has opened a Player Account at the Website(s) via a Tracker and/or Promo Code assigned to the Affiliate, excluding, without limitation, a person being a family member of the Affiliate or within the household of the Affiliate. Fraud, Money dumping and Collusion: PokerAffiliate.com also has the right to hold any and all of a player's funds indefinitely if it is found that the player has been involved in fraudulent activity on PokerAffiliate.com. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, and collusion.

Regards,

Team PokerAffiliate.com
Now, I have highlighted that one term about "You can be assured that we see a very clear picture of the activity you have been involved in". No, I'm afraid you're not seeing a clear picture of what activity I'm involved in! I promote you on only THREE of my websites and they offer no rake back, prizes, or any other incentive that may break your T&C's. I have ZERO contact with my players on these sites so I'm not sure what in the HELL you mean when you talk about this so called fraudalent activity.

You mention in your email that you don't tolerate this behaviour and my account will remain closed. If that's truly want you want and you've made this decision WITHOUT consulting me first, then take your money that you've robbed from me and RUN.

What a pathetic organization you have here......
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
  #2  
Old 01-17-2006, 11:01 AM
seadog seadog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8
Default

I just had a very similar thing happen with my account. I do offer a signup promotion but I had explicit permission to do so from Gustav. Can PAW and the PokerRoom rep please help out here
Quote:
Hi,

Your PokerAffiliate.com Account has been permanently closed as we have detected serious irregularities in your account history.

At PokerAffiliate.com we have extremely sophisticated systems for analyzing our site activity, cash-flow, and relationships between accounts. You can be assured that we see a very clear picture of the activity you have been involved in.

As you have broken our PokerAffiliate.com terms and conditions in a very serious manner we will not be unblocking your account. It will remain closed permanently as we do not tolerate this behaviour. Bear in mind that we are able to prosecute fraudulent activity to the fullest extent of the law.

Please see a copy of these terms below:

No household members allowed
"Player(s)" means a person who has opened a Player Account at the Website(s) via a Tracker and/or Promo Code assigned to the Affiliate, excluding, without limitation, a person being a family member of the Affiliate or within the household of the Affiliate.

Fraud, Money dumping and Collusion:
PokerAffiliate.com also has the right to hold any and all of a player's funds indefinitely if it is found that the player has been involved in fraudulent activity on PokerAffiliate.com. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, stolen credit cards, transfer of funds to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, and collusion.

Regards,

Team PokerAffiliate.com
My account number is 16673
Thank You
  #3  
Old 01-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,015
Default

Seeing as how I don't have a real money account at Poker Room and have had only one conversion since I started promoting them. I don't see how any of the above conditions could have been violated by me.

If I've only had one conversion, who would this player dump chips to?

If I don't play for real money and opened my account long before I became an affiliate, how did I sign up under my own tracker? I've been doing this FAR too long to try something so silly.

I also have spent about $300.00 in PPC so far focusing on PokerRoom exclusively. My signups are high but conversions so far VERY LOW (only 1).

I'm confused and getting pretty agitated over this whole thing. I'm still shocked that they just FIRE out these emails to affiliates with no prior dialogue or warning. I'm happy to provide internal references of the affiliate managers at FTP, Party, Paradise, etc to show these people that I'm legit 100%.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
  #4  
Old 01-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,015
Default

I'm really getting steamed over this. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off. What kind of company ASSUMES you're guilty BEFORE they even INQUIRE to ask you what's going on?

One business day has passed since my request for a detailed explanation.

I'm holding back right now but this is about to turn ugly. I want a reply from PokerRoom, either public or private. It doesn't matter to me as I have nothing to hide. Look at my post count here PokerRoom! I'm not a fly by night!

One more business day and I'll unload here publicly, I'd just assume make an ass of myself and feel better for pointing out a BS operation....
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
  #5  
Old 01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Adam
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm going to contact them tommorow on some internal stuff and I'll see if there's anything I can do..........
  #6  
Old 01-18-2006, 06:26 AM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

"Bear in mind that we are able to prosecute fraudulent activity to the fullest extent of the law."

I really doubt that, especially if you live in Georgia.
__________________


I love my job.
  #7  
Old 01-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam@Jan 17 2006, 11:05 PM
I'm going to contact them tommorow on some internal stuff and I'll see if there's anything I can do..........
Thanks Adam.

Any update at this point is appreciated.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
  #8  
Old 01-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,015
Default

For those following this thread- Carly has opened my PM to her (I verified it via tracking). It's now 2PM EST and I still have no reply.

It certainly doesn't appear that they care much about screwing over affiliates.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
  #9  
Old 01-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Do keep in mind it is evening time where she is located right now so you may not here back until tommorow.

I sincerely hope we can get a resolution to this ASAP.
  #10  
Old 01-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,015
Default

Yeah, I know about the time difference but she's now had two days to reply. It really pisses me off to no end that they would send this type of email out with no warning.

I've since had THREE PM's from our small group of 500 members who have had the SAME email sent to them. I'm starting to think that they may have some serious system issues that are causing these emails to go out.

I'm 100% convinced that a human has not reviewed this. I'm a new affiliate for them with not much traffic so they just assumed I was a small fish and closed my account. Maybe I should send them my FPT spreadsheet with 244 players on it :P Or my Paradise screenshot......

Sigh-
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
Paypal account closed - Do you see any terms I am breaking? John D General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 09-05-2006 09:20 AM
Selling a Party Poker Affiliate Account gogogators PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 6 08-16-2006 05:06 PM
Buying/Selling an Existing Party Affiliate Account Pocket_Aces PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 11-30-2005 01:57 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 04:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0