Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com

PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com Discuss PokerRoom.com's Affiliate Program as well as PokerAffiliate.com's programs and chat with their Affiliate Manager Carly here.

 
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Carly's Avatar
Carly Carly is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 83
Default

Hi,

I am sorry for not replying sooner. I have just returned from New York and before that was in Vegas attending the Affiliate Summit. Unfortunately I have not had the time I would have liked to reply to you all.

At this stage I do not know why your account has been closed. I will go down to our Payments Department tomorrow at work and find out and let you know as soon as possible.

Please bear with me and I do hope to have an answer for you soon.

Best,
Carly
__________________
http://www.PokerAffiliate.com
  #12  
Old 01-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Welcome back from all your travels Carly. Todd I agree that the email was probably a bit frusterating and more than likely automated and set off by a red flag of some sorts.

I'm certain once they review your account and realize that you have not done anything wrong you should be re-instated. I had this same type of thing happen to me with a site that I sent over 700 players to in 2005 a few months ago. In my case though it was cause a friend played from his account at my home. The system picked up two accounts being played on from my I.P. and froze my account including my affiliate account. Nonetheless when I finally spoke with my AM and got it sorted out, my account was unfrozen.

I see why these rooms have automated safety nets..........but sometimes it is a bit of a nuisance.

Now that Carly is back I'm sure it will get worked out.
  #13  
Old 01-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Carly's Avatar
Carly Carly is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 83
Default

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. I have contacted our Payments Team who actually before I even asked about this had unblocked the accounts yesterday.

Just as we thought they were automatically flagged for security reasons. This does not necessarily mean anything final, just that more investigation is necessary in order to verify that all is ok. I understand that this is frustrating but it is really done so with the best intent.

As both accounts were checked out to be fine, the money was paid out yesterday. There was a problem with one of the Neteller accounts though which is why one of these was not paid then.

This is all sorted out now, and both payouts have been processed and accounts unblocked.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the confusion, and not being able to get right on this.

Let me know if there is anything more I can do to help.

Best,
Carly
__________________
http://www.PokerAffiliate.com
  #14  
Old 01-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 976
Default

Thanks Carly, I did see the payment hit my account today.

In the future, it may be wise to simply send a personal message to someone whose account may be in questions based on security flags. To receive a message stating that your account has been frozen and will not be re-opened is not a very pleasant experience. Especially when you've done nothing wrong.

Thanks again for clearing this up for me.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
  #15  
Old 01-19-2006, 04:16 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 329
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

For a computer generated email, the text and meaning of the email was way to harsh and one-sided.

You really should have a native-english speaker rework the auto-generated email so that it conveys PokerRoom.com's point but not in such a harsh tone. The way the email comes across is that there is basically nothing the affiliate can do about the problem, Pokerroom is is closing your account, end of story.

It would be much better to include phrases like "If you believe this message to be in error, please contact us so that we can resolve the issue.", etc
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
  #16  
Old 01-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Carly's Avatar
Carly Carly is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 83
Default

Hi,

Yes it does sound that way. I will speak with the Payments Department regarding this, as in these cases as we have seen it turned out to be just a precautionary measure.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Best,
Carly
__________________
http://www.PokerAffiliate.com
  #17  
Old 01-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Randy72560 Randy72560 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27
Default

Hey Carly,

Can you clear up my account. they said they were going to pay me, but they didn't. I've sent more emails with no response.

The last thing they sent but said the player did not have 100 points, but he does. Then they said ok they'll pay and then they said sorry not enough points. But he has 102!

I don't know what to do!
  #18  
Old 01-23-2006, 05:03 AM
Carly's Avatar
Carly Carly is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 83
Default

Yes I agree with this. I have been in contact with our Payments Department and have expressed that I/we feel this way.

In the small number of cases when there is indeed a problem, then such an email is warranted but when the accounts are simply flagged for security purposes and need to be checked into further, another email should be sent instead explaining this.

Best,
Carly
__________________
http://www.PokerAffiliate.com
  #19  
Old 01-23-2006, 05:06 AM
Carly's Avatar
Carly Carly is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 83
Default

Randy72560,

Please let me know your affiliate id and I will look into this.

Thanks,
Carly
__________________
http://www.PokerAffiliate.com
  #20  
Old 01-31-2006, 11:23 AM
pokermac's Avatar
pokermac pokermac is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 131
Default

I agree.

I had my account closed at Pacific - because I tried to withdraw from Europe and not the states.

Spoke with them, Issue resolved -- a la Carly.

IMHO it is better to have security like this in place protecting us, although the language could be more pleasant.
__________________
_____________________________________________
Mac Poker News, Mac Poker Forums Boot Camp Poker and Parallels Poker
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 09:03 PM
Paypal account closed - Do you see any terms I am breaking? John D General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 09-05-2006 08:20 AM
Selling a Party Poker Affiliate Account gogogators PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 6 08-16-2006 04:06 PM
Buying/Selling an Existing Party Affiliate Account Pocket_Aces PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 11-30-2005 12:57 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 03:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0