News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions

Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions Discuss your Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 763
Default

Does anyone know or have a link to a psychological color chart?

I am going to have 2000 3 x 4.75 inch stickers made. They will be white with ONE other color; either the background as a color with white text or white background with a color text.
the text will be simple...

POKER
PLAYERS
GOTFLOP.COM

Everything will be centered and stretched to fill the entire sticker POKER taking up about the top half or so...
i digress, ANYWAY...
what i need to decide on is the second color i SHOULD use in order to
A. grab the most attention.,
B. be easy to read
C. be psychologically the most likely to help with retention.

I thought about red, (white text red background)

Any thoughts?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2006, 06:06 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 763
Default

I just thought i would answer my own question
Red is out, so is blue...looks like green may be the way to go...
http://www.spurl.net/saved/saved_9318_1116482881.htm
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-2006, 09:36 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 896
Default

Purple encourages people to spend money.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-2006, 11:13 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 936
Default

I wouldn't pay to much attention to that psychology of color BS

I spent years in the snowboard industry where stickers ruled the day.
You want the ones that "People can see!" the further the distance the better.

White text on Red sounds pretty good to me.

Take a few of your final art printouts, set'em up & start backing away, the one you can read the furthest wins!

cheers
__________________
May the Bridges I Burn Light the Way - Amen!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2006, 01:34 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GregK@Apr 12 2006, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't pay to much attention to that psychology of color BS

I spent years in the snowboard industry where stickers ruled the day.
You want the ones that "People can see!" the further the distance the better.

White text on Red sounds pretty good to me.

Take a few of your final art printouts, set'em up & start backing away, the one you can read the furthest wins!

cheers
THAT was my original idea...easiest to read the farthest away, then i started overthingking things i think
I am liking the red...
http://www.gotflop.com/sticker7.jpg
http://www.gotflop.com/sticker7red.jpg

The text had been placed according to restrictions set forth by a template(closeness to edges).
Any suggestions on readablity, or anything else?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2006, 02:15 PM
coxquinn coxquinn is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 151
Default

why did you ever say "red is out"?

RED: Excitement, energy, passion, desire, speed, strength, power, heat, love, aggression, danger, fire, blood, war, violence, aggression, all things intense and passionate.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2006, 03:13 PM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 307
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

caz

I would try to put the url all on one line


The way it is setup now someone might try typing:

www.pokerplayersgotflop.com

or

www.playersgotflop.com


or even worse someone might register one of those domain names and hijack your advertising :angry:

Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

Custom Embroidered Shirts & Hats | Roboform - Password Manager

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2006, 03:50 PM
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GoodKarmaKid@Apr 12 2006, 03:13 PM
caz

I would try to put the url all on one line


The way it is setup now someone might try typing:

www.pokerplayersgotflop.com

or

www.playersgotflop.com


or even worse someone might register one of those domain names and hijack your advertising :angry:

Jason
I was wondering the same thing until I saw the domain it was hosted on. I liked the red one by the way.
__________________
Sell poker videos.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2006, 04:38 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 763
Default

Thanks guys, the one line thing didnt really occur to me, but that is why outside perspective is so important...




what about...




Better?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2006, 05:58 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 896
Default

I like the bottom one.

And why the word "players" any way?

You could always do...

PLAY
POKER
gotflop.com


or just....

POKER
gotflop.com
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0