Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/offline-poker-affiliate-promotions/)
-   -   Stickers; the psychology of color.. (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/offline-poker-affiliate-promotions/4876-stickers-psychology-color.html)

CAZ 04-07-2006 05:57 PM

Does anyone know or have a link to a psychological color chart?

I am going to have 2000 3 x 4.75 inch stickers made. They will be white with ONE other color; either the background as a color with white text or white background with a color text.
the text will be simple...

POKER
PLAYERS
GOTFLOP.COM

Everything will be centered and stretched to fill the entire sticker POKER taking up about the top half or so...
i digress, ANYWAY...
what i need to decide on is the second color i SHOULD use in order to
A. grab the most attention.,
B. be easy to read
C. be psychologically the most likely to help with retention.

I thought about red, (white text red background)

Any thoughts?

CAZ 04-07-2006 06:06 PM

I just thought i would answer my own question :D
Red is out, so is blue...looks like green may be the way to go...
http://www.spurl.net/saved/saved_9318_1116482881.htm

corpfan1 04-07-2006 09:36 PM

Purple encourages people to spend money.

GregK 04-12-2006 11:13 AM

I wouldn't pay to much attention to that psychology of color BS :)

I spent years in the snowboard industry where stickers ruled the day.
You want the ones that "People can see!" the further the distance the better.

White text on Red sounds pretty good to me.

Take a few of your final art printouts, set'em up & start backing away, the one you can read the furthest wins! ;)

cheers

CAZ 04-12-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GregK@Apr 12 2006, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't pay to much attention to that psychology of color BS :)

I spent years in the snowboard industry where stickers ruled the day.
You want the ones that "People can see!" the further the distance the better.

White text on Red sounds pretty good to me.

Take a few of your final art printouts, set'em up & start backing away, the one you can read the furthest wins! ;)

cheers

THAT was my original idea...easiest to read the farthest away, then i started overthingking things i think :D
I am liking the red...
http://www.gotflop.com/sticker7.jpg
http://www.gotflop.com/sticker7red.jpg

The text had been placed according to restrictions set forth by a template(closeness to edges).
Any suggestions on readablity, or anything else?

coxquinn 04-12-2006 02:15 PM

why did you ever say "red is out"?

RED: Excitement, energy, passion, desire, speed, strength, power, heat, love, aggression, danger, fire, blood, war, violence, aggression, all things intense and passionate.

GoodKarmaKid 04-12-2006 03:13 PM

caz

I would try to put the url all on one line


The way it is setup now someone might try typing:

www.pokerplayersgotflop.com

or

www.playersgotflop.com


or even worse someone might register one of those domain names and hijack your advertising :angry:

Jason

dbirider 04-12-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GoodKarmaKid@Apr 12 2006, 03:13 PM
caz

I would try to put the url all on one line


The way it is setup now someone might try typing:

www.pokerplayersgotflop.com

or

www.playersgotflop.com


or even worse someone might register one of those domain names and hijack your advertising :angry:

Jason

I was wondering the same thing until I saw the domain it was hosted on. I liked the red one by the way.

CAZ 04-12-2006 04:38 PM

Thanks guys, the one line thing didnt really occur to me, but that is why outside perspective is so important...




what about...




Better?

corpfan1 04-12-2006 05:58 PM

I like the bottom one.

And why the word "players" any way?

You could always do...

PLAY
POKER
gotflop.com


or just....

POKER
gotflop.com


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0