Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 11-06-2006, 11:13 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 811
Default Another beginner question

I have been reading as much as I can from this site as the information here is very useful. I understand that the more original content you have on your site the more traffic you will generate, I have even taken the steps of making 5 new accounts and making posts from these accounts with answers, just to start conversations. It is working slowly. I have a few members posting but still not nearly active yet. So here is my question would be tacky if I was to run a contest where the member who posts the most well written, helpful, and of course original article would win some sort of prize. I am hoping this would give them some incentive to be active. My members are checking in on a regular basis just not posting. If someone can give me thier thoughts that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 11-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus
I have been reading as much as I can from this site as the information here is very useful. I understand that the more original content you have on your site the more traffic you will generate, I have even taken the steps of making 5 new accounts and making posts from these accounts with answers, just to start conversations. It is working slowly. I have a few members posting but still not nearly active yet. So here is my question would be tacky if I was to run a contest where the member who posts the most well written, helpful, and of course original article would win some sort of prize. I am hoping this would give them some incentive to be active. My members are checking in on a regular basis just not posting. If someone can give me thier thoughts that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I think that is a good idea. As a prize you could offer them cash at one of the poker rooms that you promote. By doing that, you may even end up ahead from your promotion if it is on CPA and they play enough to meet the requirements.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 11-08-2006, 09:43 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,079
Default

I offered T-shirts to players who posted frequently on my forum...it worked for a while and lot of posts were made...but as soon as the prizes died down, so did the posting.

But, it did help with SEO by building the content.

Good luck...any ideas please post them here.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 11-09-2006, 04:27 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 811
Default

What I thought was to offer them a small cash prize at the end of the monnth to the member who has the best post during that period and it would be deposited of course into thier poker account.I have a few really good members who do make great posts but would like to see more of it. Thanks for the help I will let you know how it does.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie question icasinoreview New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-24-2007 08:36 AM
Legallity Question aussiepoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 01-14-2007 04:39 PM
Forum Question JamieB34 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-15-2006 09:34 AM
Running My first freeroll-Have a question greview New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 08-06-2006 03:09 PM
Hello // Full Tilt Conversion Question PKing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 05-23-2005 03:10 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0