Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 11-15-2006, 09:19 AM
JamieB34 JamieB34 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 82
Default Forum Question

Hello,
I had a starter forum for 6 months or so and now decided to put a forum on my own server which is yahoo and the # of emails are limited to 250 a day. My question is if I have 1000 members how would I email all of them about forum contest and ect..?
I understand yahoo servers has this rule in place to protect from spam but being able to contact your forum members is a must in marketing.
I have option to add any smtp I choose but assume they all require a username and pass .. anyone have any suggestions on this ?

I have looked at the wowbb forums but hate to start a new one at this point..my first forum was over 800 members and couldnt transfer the data base due to being on another server and really dont want to lose the 130 or so I have just regained. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.


Thanks
Jamie
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 AM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,015
Default

There are a few options for this.

You can do it through mailing lists - Constant Contact or Aweber

Also you can search Google for SMTP server and subscribe to monthley service

Or you can download SMTP software and run it your self or if you have a Server version of Windows run it through Windows yourself.

I had the same limit of 250 and it sucks. I just started my own SMTP server because I'm a geek and it seemed like more fun.

Depending on your computer skills you may just want to use an SMTP service. I never used any so I can't speak on behalf of any, but they are out there.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone want to share my forum with me? SImpson975 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 01-18-2007 02:25 AM
How many users to make a good forum? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 06-11-2006 07:51 PM
Forum Ip Question Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 12-14-2005 01:20 PM
Best Forum Software GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 12-01-2005 06:22 PM
Forum question Kyle General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 10-27-2005 03:42 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0