Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-28-2006, 12:16 PM
RounderStaked RounderStaked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 118
Send a message via MSN to RounderStaked
Default Link X question

about 2 weeks ago, i submitted link exchange requests to a few large poker sites with PR 5-6, for example poker listings. I still havent got any response, and my site isnt listed in their directories. My site is only a couple months old, and havent recieved any PR updates so I am a 0 still. Their sites are are still on my links page.

My question is how long should I continue to wait for them to place my link, or should I just forget it for now and move on since they easily could have visited my site and saw no PR and disregarded my request?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,976
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I get requests all the time from people saying that I have been added to their page and requesting for me to add them. Although I appreciate the add, usually I don't respond.

If I did, half my day would be spent adding new sites or low PR sites into my partner directories on various sites. If they have not responded and it's been 2 weeks, chances are that they will not respond.

I imagine your email to them may look automated at which point most people will just delete it.

For the best results getting people to add your link, you should send over a personalized email.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-28-2006, 04:02 PM
RounderStaked RounderStaked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 118
Send a message via MSN to RounderStaked
Default

thanks for the info,

so are you saying even if the site has a link exchange form it is more effective to send a personalized email?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Rice Rice is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 52
Default

Half of the people who contact me for link exchanges I never respond to. Some websites have PR 3 or more, but they are just so poorly designed with a plethora of banners that I would never consider linking to them.

There has to be a good reason for a high ranking website to link to you. If you send an email requesting a link, you had better have something good to provide.
__________________
Rice
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
simple link question absentx Web Design Q&A 3 11-12-2006 02:00 PM
Question about link exchanges dividend Search Engine Optimization 3 09-20-2006 07:27 PM
Question about inbound link pokerforfree Search Engine Optimization 2 08-22-2006 02:38 PM
Question about selling link space greview General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 08-07-2006 05:33 PM
Link Guidlines stevencachia The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 06:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0