Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-18-2006, 03:00 AM
stevencachia stevencachia is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default

First of all I would like to congratulate you for a fanatastic forum. and site Never imagined that such a forum existed and such people willing to share information existed. I've been doing a website called Planet Poker Guide and I would love to have some feedback. I know that my biggest issue is that it's seems I don't have a niche market but I do have something up my sleeve so hopefully (when the time is right) I'll target my niche market. Anyway, thank you very much and I hope to have some comments.

Regards,
Steven
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,019
Default

It's a good looking, clean site. Looks like you're using Mambo to run it?

How do you plan on marketing this site? I think your biggest challenge will be standing out in the crowd of general poker sites. You mentioned you have a niche idea, I'd strongly suggest going after that. Nearly all of my sites target a niche and I learned way back that general poker sites are very difficult to establish in today's market.

Good luck either way, you're off to a good start.
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2006, 12:23 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 629
Default

I agree, that's a nice start to your site. I like the Moneymaker feature story on your homepage and feel that helps you stand out a bit from the pack. A first time online poker player would be very interested in that story. Nice job.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-21-2006, 04:59 AM
stevencachia stevencachia is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default

Thank you very much for commenting. During the next week I will be adding more original content to the site and hopefully work on SEO. At first I will be trying to target the minor keywords; Planet Poker, Poker Guide and Poker Strategy and then work my way up to the major keywords.

Once again thank you for taking time in replying back.

Regards,
Steven
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-21-2006, 11:12 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stevencachia@Feb 21 2006, 04:59 AM
At first I will be trying to target the minor keywords; Planet Poker, Poker Guide and Poker Strategy and then work my way up to the major keywords.

Those keywords are not minor keywords and are very competitve.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-21-2006, 11:48 AM
stevencachia stevencachia is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by hoursurfer+Feb 21 2006, 11:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hoursurfer @ Feb 21 2006, 11:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stevencachia@Feb 21 2006, 04:59 AM
At first I will be trying to target the minor keywords; Planet Poker, Poker Guide and Poker Strategy and then work my way up to the major keywords.

Those keywords are not minor keywords and are very competitve. [/b][/quote]
I guess you are right on Poker Strategy but for the other two I think it's not hard to be near the top. Planet Poker is searched almost 5,000 times per month on overture (yahoo) which I guess that makes it around 15,000 searches on google. The competition for 'Planet Poker" is 7,870,000 sites on google and the top site is the Planet Poker Cardroom with a Pagerank of 5 while the other sites listed on the top page are sub pages which is a big plus. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but I think I have a good shot at being in the top 5 for Planet Poker.
Any comments?

regards,
Steven
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-23-2006, 07:48 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 444
Default

i would suggest not sharing what keywords your thinking of using you never know who could steal them right out from under you
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2006, 02:11 PM
chrisptp chrisptp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 48
Default

i'm taking them!

kidding. it's a clean site. and easy on the eyes. that's a +

as for the moneymaker article, i'm not sure if he'd appreciate you lifting his bio directly off of his site. recycled content is a drag. i really think people should focus a bit more on unique content, but i guess until the search engines really start rewarding it or punishing sites that just recycle, there won't be much drive to do so.

chris
__________________
Part Time Poker - Poker Propping, Strategy, Poker Jokes | Funny Poker T-Shirts
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-25-2006, 02:36 PM
stevencachia stevencachia is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisptp@Feb 25 2006, 02:11 PM
as for the moneymaker article, i'm not sure if he'd appreciate you lifting his bio directly off of his site. recycled content is a drag. i really think people should focus a bit more on unique content, but i guess until the search engines really start rewarding it or punishing sites that just recycle, there won't be much drive to do so.
Thanks for your comments,

chrisptp: I agree 100% on that but when I read the Moneymaker article bio for the first time I was simply inspired by the story. Yes, I can re-write it, but most probably I will end up removing the 'magic' of the story. Apart from that I left the full links and actually left the link for his book (without any affliate link) so I guess it it's not blatant copying. Mind you, don't get me wrong, I will be looking more in detail about this and hopefully I'll come up with something better.

cfpokermoney: Any half decent webmaster can see what keywords you are targeting. For example I can see you are targeting; poker tournament strategy| poker betting strategy | texas holdem poker strategy

Regards,
Steven
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site review please guys. haynesey New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 12-21-2006 03:29 PM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM
Site re-design review - bankrollbacker.com Aidan New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 13 11-08-2006 10:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0