Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2005, 06:19 PM
FattyOwnz FattyOwnz is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 208
Default

Hi all,

I have got a lot of bus iness cards from party and i have left a few scattered around in fruit machines and i dont think i have got any sign up from them. I live in england, i leave them in fruit machines etc.

Basically a number of you said you have had your own cards made, why is this and what difference success do you have, how do you use your own and what designs do you have on them.

James

P.S what do people think of flyers on cars, can we hand flyers out in the street
__________________
Free Poker Tournament's : Win iPods and Cash

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd recommend taking the energy and money that you'd put into business cards into building a rich content website with backlinks.

If you want business cards, get them after you have a website of your own to promote on them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2005, 03:57 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,330
Default

I promote my website AS WELL AS bonus codes for my website. I have left them on urinals at sporting events and my results have been pretty good compared to the time I spent putting them out...i.e., 45 minutes before the game or so.

I am thinking of getting baseball season tickets and just flooding the urinals during innings...and standing in the bathroom and watching people pick them up and see their reactions....

Not sure what else to do with them except hand them out to people when discussing poker or placing them on busy phonebooths.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2005, 01:54 PM
ICISIC's Avatar
ICISIC ICISIC is offline
The Don Dadda
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 437
Send a message via AIM to ICISIC Send a message via MSN to ICISIC
Default

hey corp you put ur website on the business cards? along with what. How is the response from the urinals and sport event things?
__________________


www.DreamPrizePoker.com "Get comped for playing poker online"

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2005, 03:45 PM
BradleyJ BradleyJ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11
Default

I'm curious as well Corp Fan - How many new players do you attribute your business card postings ?

Thanks,

Bradley J
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2005, 07:07 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,330
Default

I would say if I go to a game and do about 45 mins work (that's about 100-150 cards) I get about 3 signups for Real Money. Probably about 5or 6 Play Money.

That's all folks.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 499
Default

Why don't you follow Randy's advice????

Why is it in one ear, and then out the other with so many of you newbee's?

Are you afraid of a little hard work?

Don't you want to maximize your profits by following the advice of veterans like Randy who have tryed every trick in the book a zillion times?

Unbelieveable............ you have the patience of a saint Randy.

If I was a moderator here I would never get any sleep.

I'd be too busy smacking kids bums and trying to drill some commonsence into their heads.

There is a gold mine of valueable advice here but I guess daydreaming about big bucks and chasing rainbows is easier and a whole lot more fun.

Randy's advice,

Quote:
I'd recommend taking the energy and money that you'd put into business cards into building a rich content website with backlinks.
Do it, make good money and be happy when you've left the other newbee's in the dust.

I know I'm going to regret this, but if you want to learn how to build a content rich website with backlinks. PM me and I'll try to help you out.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2005, 09:28 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,330
Default

Dave,

I am building websites...but sometimes I need to relax and catch a ball game. We go with a bunch of friends...and whil they shoot the shit during batting practice I put some cards in the bathrooms and get signups. I am not losing time from website making...just from some time with the boys....

It is not like I am substituting my webmaking time with time wasted.

Is that what you meant?...or was the advice for the others?
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 499
Default

I was talking to Fatty, who started this thread, and other newbies in general.

You should definately be spreading business cards and fliers around everywhere you go in your spare time, I sure do.

But my best advice to newbies, like Randy's, is to focus all your time and energy on building one content rich website, just one site at a time corpfan1

That's where the money is..... and you can do it. Anybody can with a little hard work and effort.

I am just frustrated, as I'm sure Randy is with offering solid advice and seeing people ignore it over and over again.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheap Business Cards stasther General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 01-06-2007 11:59 PM
Business Cards Aidan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 11-20-2006 12:33 AM
Business Cards sooners83 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 05-15-2006 12:47 PM
Business Cards at Bars sooners83 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 11-01-2005 12:18 AM
Partypoker business cards and fliers tomysole General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 06-09-2005 01:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0