Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

View Poll Results: Which logo
#1 3 10.34%
#2 16 55.17%
#3 10 34.48%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-17-2007, 12:40 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,541
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Which logo

I decided to run a contest at Sitepoint for a logo...which btw if you are in need of graphics this is a great idea and I am more than pleased by the entries submitted. Anyway I am calling it early because these are the ones that have just blown me away so far

I am using the deepstack theme and am having a hard time deciding on which logo. Here are the options

I am looking for something that would make the site brandable and now I cant decide ...figures
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-17-2007, 01:47 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,433
Default

How does that work at sitepoint for graphics? Explain.

Thanks.


And I voted 3 - cause the BLING being in a separate colour is catchy.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-17-2007, 01:48 AM
e-gamblingcity's Avatar
e-gamblingcity e-gamblingcity is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 28
Default

I voted for 2nd, but I think all are good
__________________
Best Poker, Casino, Gambling, Blackjack Sites - High Bonus - Freerolls or No Deposit - E-GamblingCity.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-17-2007, 01:59 AM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 246
Default

I think 2nd looks better, but 1st is better for branding since it has your term ("Thats Gambling") more evident.
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-17-2007, 02:45 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,281
Default

I like #1 font, think I'd go with #2 minus the glare though?
Should really match the stock deepstack colors too.

What are the gold things in #1?
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-17-2007, 03:08 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,433
Default

Even though I originally voted for #3...I think I agree with Greg...#2 without the shadow would really be nice...you could still colour the BLING in another colour.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-17-2007, 05:34 AM
GoodKarmaKid's Avatar
GoodKarmaKid GoodKarmaKid is offline
Poker Player & Promoter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Posts: 338
Send a message via Yahoo to GoodKarmaKid Send a message via Skype™ to GoodKarmaKid
Default

I like number 3 actually, my initial impression was number 2, but I think cursive is a mistake for most websites.

It looks like number 2 & 3 are by the same designer (because of the logo), I would actually take the block lettering from number 3 and put it in #2, keeping the logo to the left, and reducing the size of the logo to "dot the i".

Jason
__________________
Promote Poker | Poker Blog - "I'm Not Lucky, I have Good Karma!"

"Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty." Leo Rosten (1908- )
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-17-2007, 07:04 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,541
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
How does that work at sitepoint for graphics? Explain.

Thanks.


And I voted 3 - cause the BLING being in a separate colour is catchy.
You can run contests for logos, web designs, even business cards...basically anything for your business.Each type of contest has it's fixed prize and you increase based on what you want to offer. i did have to cancel one contest because I chose to offer the minimum required so obviously you get what you pay for. The higher the offer the more interest your contest will attract

They have a form for you to submit to provide all the details of what your looking for. The designers submit their entry and you get to provide them feedback.

What I love about this is you have a whole bunch of people with different ideas and different styles creating something for you. With mine I left it open to anything and just asked that they not include any cliche images.

btw if the entries submitted are not what you were after you dont have to declare someone a winner.

Number #3 caught me right from the start. This girl has been revamping the logo constantly based on feedback I give others....she has submitted I think 8 entries so far and they are all great.

Thanks for the opinons
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 12-17-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 936
Default

#2 is the best one in my opinion.. The 3rd one is also ok but the colors are confusing with gam and bling
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-17-2007, 07:24 AM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 349
Default

I like number 3.

2 is second and 1 is third. Although 2 is close behind 3, and 1 is nice but its not really comparable to the other two. But yeah, you won't be going too far wrong with either 2 or 3.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still need a logo re-design Bryan Web Design Q&A 0 09-21-2006 07:52 PM
Promote New Kiwi Poker logo, earn cash prizes! LeMichelle KiwiPoker.com 0 07-19-2006 04:09 PM
Quick Logo Design Needed Jeremy The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 06-29-2006 03:42 PM
Any Logo Designers Here? Bryan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 06-21-2006 03:52 AM
How important is a good logo? Kestrel General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 12-22-2005 10:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0