Pokercorner - You are allowed to run a contest with a maximum of 10 days for submissions
ICISIC - How it works is you set the deadline, when the deadline is met you either select a winner or cancel it.
For a logo contest its a min of $100 for a prize. I found that offering the bare minimum wont bring as many designers so this logo is costing me $150 and I also told them if they can something that I find absolutely perfect it makes me stop the contest, I will pay an additional $50 bonus.
If you want to take a look at mine here is the link and you can see that these people have been incredible http://contests.sitepoint.com/contests/4479
Quote:
Canceling your Contest
As the contest holder you may cancel a contest, but when doing so you must give a reason in the main contest area, and provide feedback on every entry that was submitted up until the time the contest was cancelled.
It will be recorded against your profile that you cancelled a contest, so only do it in extreme circumstances and with good reason!
Remember, if designers have already submitted work on your behalf, don't leave them in the lurch — do the right thing. |