Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 137
Default Rate My Site

Hey everyone, I currently got a template and did some changing to my brutal site I had before. Can you guys critique my site as far as SEO, content, the looks, anything you can think of.

http://www.uwopoker.com

Also, how hard will it be to get a Page Rank of atleast 1 for this page? What needs to be done to get it there?

Thanks for your help!
__________________
Ontario Poker

PM for Link Exchanges
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,474
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Hey its starting to look alot better. Some pointers

YOu need to do a non www redirect to a www.


I am assuming you are using word press? If so you need some plugins. Your URLs are not search engine friendly. Use - instead of _ to seperate your URLs.

Use this link http://seo.blorc.com/seo/page-title/

Or you can use this link from Jeremys blog which he lists the plugins that he likes...you should sue most of them. Im guessing tehre is probably a plugin for the www thing for wordpress to..

Wordpress Plugins

If you are using something other than wordpress go find some plugins for that program

Here is another reason why, your pages are all showing the same title, description and keywords when each should have thier own unique.

Just my own personal preference...your navigation menu you list the poker rooms. Myself I was unexpecting the redirect to Party. when this happens on any site I always hit the X and move on because I think they obv dont have the information I was looking for.I hate being redirected without knowing it...especially to sites that swarm in pop ups...(more so any 888.com site)

Also I wouldnt worry to much about a PR1...its not going to do you any signifcant advantage and I am assuming is quite easy to get. You wont know what your PR will be till the next update which is at least 3 months away...but google knows how well your site is doing right now so keep working on it. You do however need backlinks. Right now I see 11, so work on exchanging a few links with quality sites...and I am sure once your site picks up on its own with London people, you will be linked to just for staying up to date


Anyway just a few ideas for you...good luck
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 11-27-2007 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 502
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Definitely doesn't look like a Wordpress-powered site -- but they're good tips for anyone who does use WP for their starting template. Good start on the site buddy, looks pretty promising thus far. GL with it.
__________________
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
-- Affordable Advertising Solutions --
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,474
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Than whats with the different URL's? The main page is mysite.com/whatever.htm while for example the Party review page is http://www.uwopoker.com/party_review.htm?wm=2882837


Edit actually thats the only page tahts like that (wierd) Anyway if its HTML use the link for non www. Write your URL's using a - not the _ and make sure your tags are all unique
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 137
Default

Thanks so far guys

as for that party review site I must have messed up when I was putting the link, its a mixture of my tracker and the link because I had the tracker there first... I will check it out
__________________
Ontario Poker

PM for Link Exchanges
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Prenut Prenut is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 297
Default

Your main offer, right on the front page is an incentive marketing deal. As a new affiliate, you need to steer as clear of this as possible. If you don't have this ok'ed by your affiliate manager, you need to take this down like 5 minutes ago. Even if you do, it's just not going to be profitable for you in the long run. I made this same mistake a few years ago as evidenced by the thread that I bumped about it. Don't waste your time or your money doing this . Spend that time and marketing money on other things such as gaining links, building quality content, writing press releases, etc.

Decide on one (or a couple) call to action keyword that will convert well and go after them. Make an interior page with these chosen keywords in the page title as well as in the m-e-t-a keywords. Use these terms in your text a few times, but don't over do it by stuffing them too many times. Get links back to this page that contain the keywords you are targeting. For example if you are going to target chan poker bonus code get some links back to that page on your site with the following text: some with "chan poker bonus code", "chan poker bonus", "chan poker code", "play chan poker", etc.
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Prenut Prenut is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 297
Default

Why can't I spell out m-e-t-a?
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:56 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,474
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

For some reason it censors it. I sent someone a PM and they asked what curse words I used that were censored...lol can say the f word but the m word is a no no
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-27-2007, 11:58 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 137
Default

Prenut, about the incentive marketing... I was trying to look into it, because my offer is they must deposit using their own money first then I will transfer them an extra $50. Thinking they will be playing with this $50 as well. If they already have experience depositing their own money I was hoping they would continue. I am pretty sure this will result in good things for me and the poker site, but I will be looking to taking down the offer.
__________________
Ontario Poker

PM for Link Exchanges
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Prenut Prenut is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 297
Default

Yes, you are correct that is better than just straight giving away $50 without someone making their own deposit. But it is still incentive marketing and you still have to check with your affiliate manager. If you are promoting party with PAW that is a no-no as they do not allow incentive marketing with PAW trackers. Get some other opinions on the matter as well, I'm just not a fan of incentive marketing, especially for fairly new affiliates.
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Rate My Site Please PokerManic New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 02-01-2007 04:04 PM
Rate my site please omahalovers New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 6 01-10-2007 07:23 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0