Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-2007, 08:11 PM
PokerManic PokerManic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 46
Default Rate My Site Please

Okay, my site isn't complete but I would rather have people rate it now and give me ideas before I continue.

This way I can make changes beforehand.

www.thepokerboard.com (also rate my domain if you would )

Its a joomla cms site, I'm using SMF forum and I hope I can get this all working smoothly.

One thing that I'm trying to do is allow all members to be able to post their refer-a-friend names/links and affiliate ID's in their profile and signature. I know alot of sites forbid this but if its I community I say, "why not." Do you think this is going to cause alot of spam on my board? I figure if I allow it all in the sigs and profile, that maybe people will realize there is more value in leaving a relevant post and getting a link out of it, then getting deleted for spamming the board. Tell me what you think.


Tell me what you think. ALL CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM WELCOME.

I would seriously love to hear any review.
__________________
Report A Sportbook, Casino, or Poker Scam
PrimaSporstbook.com

Last edited by PokerManic : 01-10-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
PokerManic PokerManic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 46
Question

Anyone?? Please? If you don't want to rate my site.. how about the domain name?
__________________
Report A Sportbook, Casino, or Poker Scam
PrimaSporstbook.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-11-2007, 03:05 PM
fade fade is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Default

looking good.

things to work on:

1. smooth out the logo
2. blend your google ads with the text of the site
3. consider making the site about something explicit (ex. a poker forum ONLY) this targets your market much better and the name is good.
4. im lost with the main content on the middle of the page, consider restructuring it so its more appealing to the eye.
5. separate your keywords with commas. (poker forum, holdem, texasholdem, card forums, online poker rooms, etc.)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
PokerManic PokerManic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 46
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade
4. im lost with the main content on the middle of the page, consider restructuring it so its more appealing to the eye.
Yeah, main content is being experimented with right now. I purchased this great componant for joomla called ijoomla magazine @ www.ijoomla.com. It's well worth the $50 for anyone who has a joomla based website.

Right now this is a base template and I'm working on finding a better on as we speak. I figure if i get my layout right.. I can get a better idea on where to actually place everything.

Thank you for the comment
__________________
Report A Sportbook, Casino, or Poker Scam
PrimaSporstbook.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2007, 05:19 AM
PokerManic PokerManic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 46
Default

okay, sorry for the bump.

I made quite a bit of mods today. Would greatly appreciate some freeback now. I just think I'm heading the the right direction.

Let me know what you think
__________________
Report A Sportbook, Casino, or Poker Scam
PrimaSporstbook.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-21-2007, 02:01 AM
PokerManic PokerManic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 46
Default Changed a ton

Colors, template and forum changed

i know there are a few color issues but how's it looking now???

To do list: Make a clean logo
__________________
Report A Sportbook, Casino, or Poker Scam
PrimaSporstbook.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-21-2007, 02:53 AM
MasteryOfPoker MasteryOfPoker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9
Default

I like the colors, except for the green logo on blue.

What I'd like in the layout is bit more consistency with the vertical alignment.
For example, lose the date above the Poker.com ad and it would align with the sections on the right better. Also, I think the two green bars when you have "Items of interest" and right below it "Poker News" is superfluous. I think the colored title bars alone are sufficient to draw attention, you could probably remove the "Items of interest"

Also, I deem the "Latest blog entries" more important than the syndication feature, or the "Pending actions", so you could re-order those.

Just quick thoughts, and only my personal opinions.
__________________
Learn to play Texas Hold'em Poker online
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-21-2007, 03:47 AM
PokerManic PokerManic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteryOfPoker
I like the colors, except for the green logo on blue.

What I'd like in the layout is bit more consistency with the vertical alignment.
For example, lose the date above the Poker.com ad and it would align with the sections on the right better. Also, I think the two green bars when you have "Items of interest" and right below it "Poker News" is superfluous. I think the colored title bars alone are sufficient to draw attention, you could probably remove the "Items of interest"

Also, I deem the "Latest blog entries" more important than the syndication feature, or the "Pending actions", so you could re-order those.

Just quick thoughts, and only my personal opinions.
Very good points and well noted.. Thank you
__________________
Report A Sportbook, Casino, or Poker Scam
PrimaSporstbook.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2007, 04:04 PM
JSaw JSaw is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 12
Default

It looks like you are coming along well. The only thing I see is your right and left columns could be evened out some. Also I would also suggest moving your google style ads up so they are seen before the newest members.
__________________
72os.com
Power Poker at its Best!
Online Poker Podcast
Free Poker Times
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Rate my site AlanAces Search Engine Optimization 7 01-14-2007 09:04 AM
Rate my site please omahalovers New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 6 01-10-2007 07:23 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0