Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-29-2006, 06:55 PM
omahalovers
 
Posts: n/a
Default Rate my site please

Hello all,

I would like to ask you to rate my new forum and tell me what I should do. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

My forum is at http://omahalovers.proboards89.com

I have one question. My forum is new and I don't have any members, but I am thinking of starting a league. How do you think I can attract some new members and make them download sites from my banners so I can start a league?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-29-2006, 06:59 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,290
Default

Ill give you some advice that will save you a lot of trouble in the future.

Proboards suck - so find something else ,

You will be stuck with them forever , never able to transfer members to a different forum as you do not have access to your sites files . Im tellingyou this from experience as i started a proboard a long time ago and am stuck with it as i cant transfer t he members to a better site
__________________
Play Online Poker Now . There are a lot of Poker Rooms Accepting US Players and you can qualify for free to the 2008 WSOP . If your a casino player be sure to see the Casinos allowing USA players . Not from America then get the top PartyPoker Bonuscode , Finally if your a promoter see our Poker Affiliate Programs and Casino Affiliate Programs
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-30-2006, 12:24 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

I have to agree. Proboards sucks. once you start getting this going you will be so disappointed.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-30-2006, 06:45 AM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 273
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

I agree with the people above. Also, do not make it so people have to register before signing up, as thats a big turnoff and also doesn't help in search engines.

Also in regard to traffic, I posted some tips in this thread.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,538
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Here is another first hand. You will not be able to do a site map and when you ask support for help they tell you it is not necesary to have one after they question you on why you really feel you need it. I did the PR ranking prediction tool the other night and when I clicked on the resources that was supplying the information I was linked to other sites not relevant to anything I was doing because it picked up the proboards name if that makes sense.

You will not get much help from support for any of your questions unless something goes terribly wrong. I am hoping to switch over to phbpp in the next couple of months which was what others suggested I do.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2007, 07:13 PM
DominoD DominoD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 100
Default

Get a vBulletin (same as your on right now ...

If you dont wanna spend money onit, atleast get a phpBB
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 PM
omahalovers
 
Posts: n/a
Default

OK. I bought a domain and the new forum is smf. Please go to omahalovers.net and tell me what content I should add to the site. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Rate My Site Please PokerManic New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 02-01-2007 04:04 PM
Rate my site AlanAces Search Engine Optimization 7 01-14-2007 09:04 AM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0