Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 283
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default Please Review

I thought it was time to get an official review of my site. It's a few months old now and I'm ranking well for my keywords and such. My site is a Kundan design that is easy to maintain. I need to get some more good content, but I should have new articles up soon.

Also, I have a great forum with some dedicated members. Most of them already have accounts at all the major sites. I know everyone wants an active forum, and I'm lucky enough to have one but I don' know what to do with it.

Anyway, give me the good, bad, and the ugly.

Thanks for everyone's comments and advice..

site is www dot ridgepoker dot com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 283
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

Sorry for the double post guys.. My internet sucks..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

OK Holyman.... you asked for it.

My first impression is this:

So what?

What is Ridge Poker anyway?

Is "Ridge" a place.... or some kind of poker variation...... I'm confused?

Jack ten suited is a marginal drawing hand..... anyone who's watched the WPT and WSOP on TV knows that...... why are you showing me a shitty hand?

Don't laugh.... first impressions and what seem like minor details to you as the the webmaster have a huge impact on your sites effectiveness to make money.

And why are you welcoming me twice?

Welcome to Ridge Poker! Welcome to Ridge Poker.com!

It looks like blatant self promotion to me!

What can you do for me?

Save..... or make me money?

Entertain me or inform me with information I can't find anywhere else?

Let's see.... this site has:

HomeOFCPoker TutoringBasic Hold'em GuideExploiting Your OpponentsBetting PatternsStaying SharpFeatured Game ReplaysCash Game Tips Part 1Satellite Strategy Guide

Well so do scores of other poker sites I have visited recently.

I don't even know who runs this site. Why should I trust his or her advice?

I could go to Daniel Negreanu's site or Johnny Chan's or David Sklansky's to learn poker strategy. Or buy their books at my local bookstore.

You have the best Poker Strategy Forum on the net?

Better than 2+2? or Cards-Chat..... I don't think so..... trust out the window.

I'm looking for all the cool poker players and online casinos that I've seen on TV but this site seems to have none of that excitement.

There is nothing worth my time here...... click the back button.....back to Google.

I don't mean to sound harsh Holyman but isn't that what you would do as a web-surfer looking for poker sites?

My advice:

Start over........ quit wasting your time on this project.

A nice design by Kundan..... and it is nice..... means squat.

I am impressed... no stunned.... that you have 50+ members in your forum but like you said they're not making you any money.

You have to niche down.

Offer something unique and create some fans who trust your opinions.

Capture every visitors email info that you possibly can for future marketing opportunities.

Not after you build your site and start getting traffic but before.

Build the best Email Capturing Poker Site that you can first.......

That's your key to profits.

Market and sell..... market and sell!

You have to start thinking like a bussiness person.

There was a time... 3 or 4 years ago when you could build a fun, hobby poker site and make an extra couple grand a month but those days are over man.

Trust me.... I was there.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:16 PM
JohnH's Avatar
JohnH JohnH is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 186
Default

...ask and you shall receive. Great post. I definitely picked up more than a few things to apply to my sites. There is an eerie silence for me right now.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Poker Articles
Heads Up Poker
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 AM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 283
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

Yes I did ask for it. I know I need to fix some stuff. I like your suggestions, but I not going to scrape this so I might as well fix it. You make a good point on the forum, we may not have thousands of members, but we do have some high stakes players, great strategy discussion, and the site does make money. I just think there is a lot of aspects that need improving..

Anyway, thank a bunch for your suggestions Dave, I know there is much work that needs done. I think the site has a lot of potential anyway.

Anyone else? Give me your best shot.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

I'm glad you found some of my suggestions helpful Holyman.

At least start capturing email addresses for a newsletter.

It's so simple and highly profitable with minimal work on your part.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2007, 01:09 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,491
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

If I can make a few suggestions.

You have no htags at all.

I could be wrong but your keywords is quite the list...maybe reduce that.

I agree with Dave there is nothing right now that makes me want to stay andlook around...

A 301 on your non www to the www could be used.

Just thought I would give you heads up on the other stuff I mentioned. I noticed and htag on otehr pages but your home page is missing this.

Good luck
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 10-04-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2007, 01:21 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 847
Default

I noticed something negative as well....I'm not pointing a finger or accusing you of anything...for all I know you could have a deal worked out with FTR but your page here:

http://www.ridgepoker.com/avoiding-tilt/

is a copy from here:

http://www.flopturnriver.com/Avoiding-Tilt.html

I just mention it because since its dup content you won't get any traffic from it and will probably hurt your sites seo as a whole....and another strat page is from cardplayer as well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2007, 01:49 AM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 182
Default

I'm starting to see alot of the same exact layouts for poker sites like this one. What system is it?
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2007, 01:54 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 847
Default

...I noticed 1 more thing....your top nav links on the "avoiding-tilt" page are messed up...
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review my Review Page Please SmackDog New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 07-06-2007 10:14 AM
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 04:11 AM
Site Review - er, blog review actually tomt New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 11-04-2006 08:59 PM
Which new Rakeback review sites to advertise on guitman03 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 07-24-2006 03:09 PM
Review my review mikebrad New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 03-08-2006 07:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0