Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-03-2007, 09:45 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,530
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyrayuk View Post
You obviously only saw portal page and I think its nothing like previous attempts.
Im not doing it for the money just to pass time but would like to think I am improving.
Maybe you big boys just like slating everyone else.
Start a thread of your own and maybe others can give you comments -
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-09-2007, 08:42 AM
pompeyrayuk pompeyrayuk is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portsmouth England
Posts: 30
Send a message via MSN to pompeyrayuk Send a message via Yahoo to pompeyrayuk
Default

Will do sir. Sorry for the inconveniance
__________________
You can lead a H.O.R.S.E to water BUT a DONKEY will follow you all the way to the RIVER


pokerpeople
Got a domain at last
www.pomppoker.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:53 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyrayuk View Post
Will do sir. Sorry for the inconveniance

It's mam BTW...Although that my piss her off too...
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-29-2007, 12:52 AM
cogger cogger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 142
Default

Your site looks excellent in IE7 1024x768. I can comment on being gone in 30sec. without insulting you here is why:

There are soooo many portal sites already out there like this, I think surfers are looking for a sites uniqueness to stand out and what makes it different from all the rest. What are you offering that other sites are not already? What can you do in here to catch their eye.
__________________
Poker Master
Leaderboard Manager
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-29-2007, 10:29 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 174
Default

My strong suit is the poker strategy content. How do I showcase that? I am moving up the SERPS for poker strategy terms, but I need to find a way to distinguish my content from the others
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
My strong suit is the poker strategy content. How do I showcase that? I am moving up the SERPS for poker strategy terms, but I need to find a way to distinguish my content from the others
Well you could showcase your poker strategy content on your homepage instead of nothing but advertisements.

You mean the Categories - Poker Strategy 36 link?

I had a hard time just finding it .....and I was looking for it.

Most people who find your site by any means will eventually click to your homepage just to see if the want to continue exploring your site.

Your homepage is your showcase.

Show them what they're looking for.

And your newsletter sign up box sucks.

A descent effort..... better that most I've seen but no where near enough pizazz to get my email address.

And I sign up to almost every poker affiliate newsletter I see just to check out what the competition is up to.

And you need my first name too so you can talk to me as a real person.

I know a lot a people disagree, or feel uncomfortable with my hardcore tactics..... but this is a very competitive business.

Tiny details matter.... big time.

Traffic is great but it's only one piece of the equation.

You have to know how to convert that traffic into cash and that is the big secret.

You're selling ice to Eskimos.

Almost everyone who is visiting your poker website has heard of ... or seen ads for all of the online poker rooms you're promoting...... why should they sign up RIGHT NOW.

Though your link.

Just by chance?

Good luck.

If you think all of your visitors think like you..... you are dead wrong.

I'm being harsh on purpose jcap1p....... to make you think.

I give your site a 4 out of 10 but well on it's way to becoming a 5... 6...... 7 .......... 8......... 9....................... 10?

It's all up to you.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Itay Itay is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
Default

could be that 70% of the traffic got to your site but mistake (like wrong keyword etc') but here is an idea...try to do exit traffic...
__________________
Itay
------------------------------------------------------------

For B4Playing's Multiple CPA Commission Affiliate Program (up to $1000 from one player CPA)
Register here: http://affiliates.b4playing.com

We have launched!!! To download our client for free: www.b4playing.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Number of Visitors to your Site per day PokerAAcademy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 24 11-20-2006 05:55 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
21 Ways to Promote Your Site Online and Off FinRivered General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-10-2005 09:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0