Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 135
Default Please check me out. Where are my Profits?

Hello all I started the site about 2 months ago with design help from a very generous member of these forums, and I realize it is extremely hard to get traffic to a new forum or blog, but the site is filled with self-written content. I have had no bites on any of the ads yet though. I have a couple of questions

What Do you like?
What should be changed? Any Feedback is greatly appreciated.

How long did it take for your first click-through sign up? How much traffic was your site getting when it happened?

Why doesn't my page have a PR yet? I have worked out some high quality link exchanges with PR 4, 5, and 6 sites.

Thank you all for any feedback, suggestions, etc.

-Jay

www.poker-speak.com
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-17-2007, 09:19 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I am not trying to be rude. It may be just my monitor but I cant read it. Seriously The black background with the white text everywhere just goes fuzzy on my eyes.

I think you need soemthing else in there and also some space between some of your topics. That could be one of the problems you are having.

If you stareted your site two months ago than you would not have PR as it has not gone through any updates. HOwever you dont need PR....I personally think its of little use to anyone unless you are selling ads in which case that is about the only time anyone ever boasts about it.

Work on some backlinks. Join some other chats in blogs and leave behind an educated response meaning dont spam the hell out of them. I am sure if you answer or reply to posts without teh intention of posting for a link they wont mind you leaving yours behiind.



Myself I am heading into my 4th month. Traffic is incereasing but no where near what I want. I am seeing targeted keywords coming in but again no where near what I want. I do talk to others here who 's sites are roughly in the same age bracket as mine and we are all pretty much in the same boat

I think it is a long term idea that takes alot of patience and persistance. 2 mths is not going to show you any satisfactory response. Not yet. Be patienet keep adding your content


Just some ideas and thought I hope some of this makes sense. As far as the design I think its good just needs some work to make it more user friendly
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 135
Default

Thank you for the input Kaus. I keep writing every day. I'm not sure why you weren't able to see the page as I have tried it from numerous different browsers and computers, and never had an issue. Thanks for the great tips though. Patience is not one of my strong suits, except when it comes to actually playing Poker. lol

Anyone else? Anyone, anyone?
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I can see the page I just cant read it

The white on black is really hard to read.
\
Maybe its just me though
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 PM
smackinyaup smackinyaup is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 42
Default

No, its not just you Kaus. In most presentation situations, its not good to go with the dark background and light text. Keep it simple and readable.

I am a noob to the poker affiliate business but, as a normal web surfer, I can say that your site could use something to keep people coming back. All I could find easily were news reports. Get a solid strategy section going, or talk about bonus whoring or freerolls. I'm not sure what, but ask yourself what you can do to get people to bookmark YOUR site and not the competitors'.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 135
Default

Hmmm. I try to write a strategy article for every news article but I guess 2 news in a row looks like I am trying to have a poker news site.

What should I do for the text on the layout?
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-18-2007, 11:43 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

NOt sure if this is possible but I do like the layout and the colours with the pics. Is there anyway that you can incorporate a grey background around the sections of content and than choose maybe even a blue for text. That way it doesnt make you go bug eyed. Each will fit nicely with the other!
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Jordan's Avatar
Jordan Jordan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 129
Send a message via MSN to Jordan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
NOt sure if this is possible but I do like the layout and the colours with the pics. Is there anyway that you can incorporate a grey background around the sections of content and than choose maybe even a blue for text. That way it doesnt make you go bug eyed. Each will fit nicely with the other!
My forum uses a grey background with a blue text.. you can check it out to see how it looks if you'd like mate, the links in my sig.
__________________
Fuzion Poker | Poker Forum | Poker Articles | Poker Room Reviews

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,293
Default

I must agree the black and white is hard on the eyes. i would only stick around for a minute or 2.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-25-2007, 02:53 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 135
Default

What about now? I have spaced it out more.
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Party Poker Check Bounced JohnH PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 3 07-08-2007 09:16 PM
How to cash an international check ucladave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 05-05-2007 09:25 PM
Want $50 check mailed to you for nothing? Check this out! anasta83 The Spam Forum 0 07-24-2006 10:42 PM
Lost comission check ?? How does Pokerroom handel epsilionflow PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com 1 05-16-2006 12:41 PM
Party Poker vs. Check N Raise Poker? Which one? corpfan1 The Spam Forum 2 02-12-2005 12:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0