Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default Template Review

Hello, I have just had Kundan (alance) make me a new template. I would like any imput you guys are willing to give. No content has been loaded so this is just on the design aspect. I also want to Thank Kundan for everything, I have chatted on messenger with him for hours and hours the last few days.I gave him FTP access and everytime there was something I couldnt do he would go on and fix it. I even made him practically redesign the whole thing a couple times til I was happy. To top it off I messed up the template and he put a fresh copy back on for me. It's .PHP and I havent worked with it before but I'm getting the hang of it. He is quick, inexpensive, helps me with anything and does great work.

Thanks for any input you guys give. The site loads slow for me at times, how is it for you guys? The site is:

xww.OmahaHustler.com
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-31-2007, 03:56 PM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 139
Default

The sites great but I knew it would be before even looking at it kundans designs are unique attractive designs. He provides customer service and designed my site www.jackpotavenue.com great guy! If everyone else responded to emails as quickly as kundan business would run at the speed of light!
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-31-2007, 04:42 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

just on first impressions the site looks fairly busy.

loading time fine for me.

pretty standard for a decent design so I guess it all comes down to content.

Personally I prefer very basic sites but I know the majority dont
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-31-2007, 05:18 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 315
Default

The design looks great, very sleek and stylish (exactly what we have come to expect from these guys). Just add content and keep the design as it is and you will have a great site on your hands I'm sure.

I am also a fan of basic sites too, but I think this site will look a lot more appealing after you have added some content to give it more structure.

I know everyone sings alance and kundan's praises all the time, but they really do excellent work and are happy to help you out with any design needs after making your template.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-31-2007, 06:15 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 879
Default

I have a widescreen monitor and the site is too stretched.. Maybe a fixed width would be nice?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 217
Default

I have to agree with EDMC - it does seem a bit cluttered, especially with the links on the left.

Probably could give it a slightly bigger cell spacing, or change the font.

Also with the banner design:
- perhaps keep the images on one side of the screen, or minimize the size of the one that you would like to draw less attention to.

Just suggestions!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-31-2007, 09:36 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I love the header, as far as the site I think there is way to much in reagards to buttons. With that amount of info on both sides your eyes focus on it rather than the page itself. Plus I imagine it's going to take alot of time to fill it with enough information. Nice design though and by the wa love the name
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

Thanks for all the tips...I will remove alot of the links on the left and for instance instead of having all those Omaha High & Hi/Lo links make Omaha High Stragy & Omaha Hi/Lo Strategy links then create a page that would be like a directory to all pages in each catergory. What should I do with all that extra space then?...a banner? I have been a busy girl writing content so hopefully I will fill the site up fast. Thanks again everyone
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-01-2007, 04:26 PM
KrazeyAces KrazeyAces is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8
Default

Looks nice and yes these guys are easy to work with....i love the name as i am an omaha freak

Although seems to me they need to grab some dif Welcome images
as i have the same welcome card image in use on another of their templates

xww.absoluteplayersclub.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

GL on your content NPG. I love playing omaha, more than holdem but trying to explain it is another story.

Im sure u could have a massive site with this.

If you can explain how to play omaha to your next door neighbour who only knows holdem, work it into your site
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Continue with Poker.com? ThePokerBank General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 03-30-2007 05:52 PM
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 04:11 AM
template review JBlixt New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 01-16-2007 04:47 PM
Web site template review NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 01-16-2007 01:15 PM
Review my review mikebrad New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 03-08-2006 07:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0