Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,158
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default Bodog

Well as I have posted before I have applied to Bodog with my proboartds site twice and both attempts failed. So I have done it again with the new site and surprisingly it looks as though they are pleased and things are rolling. They have asked for equal presence as a competitor and also reviews for of course the poker room, but also the sportsbetting and horse betting. Here is my thing I am in Canada should I be directing traffic to sporstbetting/horse? Can this in anyway turn into a legal issue? Just skeptic when it comes to these issues
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-13-2007, 01:21 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,271
Default

Scew em...If you want to promote poker promote poker. no need to change your whole business plan just to promote Bodog.

Although Bodog converts like crazy now.

I never promoted anything but their poker room and would talk to my AM via the phone about once a week with ideas and options. he never cared.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2007, 02:07 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 278
Default

What do Bodog look for when recruiting affiliates? I know they obviously look for a site that is worth having an affiliate with, but is there anything else specifically. Like PR for example?
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,158
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

No I dont think PR has anything to do with it, because I have none. I couldn't even give them an approximation of visitors per week as I wasn't indexed. However they went through my site and read it. From what I was told in my last two attempts they want sites that are not banner farms, have more than just a couple of pages, and informative. They also suggested I not use a free hosted site. These are just some of the things that they pointed out in my *cough* rejection emails. This was my third attempt with them, and I pointed out specifically the suggestions they made and where I made them. I was honest with my stats ...everything.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2007, 08:02 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,158
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I could use some help from some people here. Iam writing my review for Bodog and would love if someone can give me some hints as to traffic..generally how many are on during peak hours, as well as traffic at the cash tables. Seeing as I can not open anaccount myself I couldnt even tell you what the site looks like so it is making it difficult to describe something you have never seen. Yes, I did search the net but from what I have been reading alot of people need to update their reviews not just bonus codes lol

I know payment options are always changing and I even went to Pokernews for this info...are there any other payment options besides

Check / eChecks, Nucharge, Credit Cards, Wire Transfer, Western Union, Click2pay and eWalletXpress

....and are all these methods still accurate? This to was not found on the Bodog website and I can not get into my affiliate information as of yet.

Thank you, and sorry for all the basic questions I am just having some diffiulty with this one and I would rather get it right than have someone tell me I stretched the truth.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2007, 09:20 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 628
Default

http://www.pokersitescout.com/ will show ring game traffic

I don't know about other areas but e-check is not even showing in the cashier for me, but this might be geographical thing.

Prepaid credit cards do work here I've used them twice already.

The only withdrawal options for Americans are Western Union (1 free per week up to $3K) and check by courier. Fee is $20 if under $2,000 and free if over. Also most players can get the fee waived through calling support.

If you have questions about banking their telephone support is usually outstanding.
__________________
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2007, 09:22 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 628
Default

Also this Bodog review should be current xxhttp://www.poker-prop.net/bodog.html
__________________
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-13-2007, 10:22 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,158
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Thanks
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-15-2007, 09:26 PM
stocktrader stocktrader is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32
Default

Bodog wants to work with winners. ProBoards is like Geocities - it is the white trash section of the webmaster neighborhood.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Vrindavan Vrindavan is offline
sunsss.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Internet
Posts: 90
Send a message via MSN to Vrindavan Send a message via Skype™ to Vrindavan
Default

Do Bodog has any minimum referral requirement after being accepted ? e.g. min. number of players sent to them , etc.

or otherwise they will delete your account etc. ?
__________________
http://sunsss.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bodog Cuts Jamie Gold Graham General Poker Chat 4 01-27-2007 11:58 AM
Email about Bodog from PAW Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 12-22-2006 07:36 PM
Bowmans Backs Out Of US - Sends Players To Bodog RounderStaked General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 11-28-2006 11:17 AM
Bodog ethomps General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 12-17-2005 07:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0