| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 04-06-2007, 10:57 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,262
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus
and am trying to get my site off the ground
|
Instant trash can when I see stuff like that.
|
 04-07-2007, 12:22 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 973
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus
Here is an example of what I normally do when I see others who post link exchange requests who have PR and of course I do not so it makes it difficult. I am posting this to get comments as to if I am doing it right...if it sounds like it is out of desperation etc. I try to be honest about my intentions. All comments are welcome
|
If you want some constructive criticism, I would ensure any time you are asking someone for something, you take a little extra time to ensure that everything is spelled correctly. Personally, if someone sent me a message like that, I would probably just delete it based on the spelling, but I am just picky that way. No offense intended.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***
Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
|
 04-07-2007, 12:29 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 973
|
|

As for the original question, I think if you really want them to exchange links with you, you should:
1) Have a site that is worth linking to. I get so many emails from sites with hardly any content and a very generic look. Everytime I get one of these I instantly delete them. If someone has a quality site I will gladly exchange links with them. I understand that we are not all web designers here, but if you don't know how to design a site, then spend the $150 to have someone do it for you. I think this shows how serious you are about being an affiliate.
2) Be honest, don't write paragraphs and get on your knees. Just say something simple... "Hey, I saw your site and I like it a lot. If you are interested in swapping links with my site let me know. Here is a link to my site. Keep up the nice work". Personalize it, tell them what you like about the site, maybe offer some suggestions. I think this will get you more link exchanges.
I don't really think there is much to it other than that... just avoid the template emails, it shows absolutely no effort.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***
Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
|
 04-07-2007, 02:54 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 320
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
Never start your email with this:
I recently visited your site XXXXXXXXX.com............
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Graham
Just say something simple... "Hey, I saw your site and I like it a lot.
|
Sounds kind of along the same lines. I imagined those kind of openings would have been too bad as long as they sounded sincere.
Would be interested in seeing an example of how to approach someone about link request from Jeremy.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
|
 04-07-2007, 04:03 AM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 973
|
|
That is kinda what I was trying to say... you need to be sincere.
You could always title your emails creatively "Web Hosting Expired", "Duplicate Content", "Tax Audit" or even "Legal action regarding your website", then open the email by saying "I bet your glad that this email isn't for one of the above reasons, wanna trade links?"
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***
Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips
"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
|
 04-08-2007, 04:37 PM
|
|
Moderator
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
|
|
Here's a fictitious request I made up, to illustrate an "ideal" request:
Subject: Poker Fans now links to VegasReference
Hi, I checked out your site at VegasReference.com. I linked to your article about how to play Texas Holdem Poker which I think my readers will enjoy. My site is PokerFans.info, which covers rules, strategy, and upcoming tournaments for poker fans. I hope you'll consider linking back if you think my site would be of interest to your own visitors. Here's a sample description:
Poker Fans Beginning and advanced strategy for Texas Holdem poker, as well as a complete tournament calendar of U.S. and international events.
http://PokerFans.info
Thank you,
Matt Trefoil
|
If I thought the site was truly useful after checking it out, I'd definitely link to it.
I live by this theory when it comes to people requesting links from me: http://websitehelpers.com/seo/why-yo...-get-link.html
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
|
 04-14-2007, 10:33 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 551
|
|
I'm reading through these new posts this morning when I get an email from someone who had just last night agreed to a link exchange with me.
One that they initiated. We agreed that they would link to me from 2 of their low ranking sites in exchange for a link from my higher ranking site.
I get their link up and then this morning they email me stating that my links are added, but I should also link to their other piece of crap site.
So changing the agreement in the middle of the link trade, not a good idea as well.
Needless to say, I told them to link to me as stated in the original agreement or else! hahahhaa.
Smackdog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.
Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
|
 10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 580
|
|
Sorry to bump an old thread, but got a funny email.
I got a email from someone asking for a link exchange, and it seemed pretty personal, i replied.
Then a couple days later got another email from the same person, exactly the same email , with a different address.
Hello,
My name is xxxxxx, and I am the webmaster for xxx xxxx xxxxx, a guide
to online poker and Texas Holdem strategy. I am writing to propose
collaboration with your site nodepositbonus.com.
I think nodepositbonus.com is a good site for educating players, and
that it would be good for us to have some form of cooperation by way
article exchanges, advertising, etc.
Would you be interested in any collaboration?
That is the email i got, and i don't own nodepositbonus.com i think somebody who posts here owns that site.
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising
|
 10-30-2007, 12:04 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,467
|
|
Yeah that was 3jokers but his site was sold.
This one is my favourite interesting looking at his site now it seems that the google update hurt him to. I wonder if his linking scheme had anything to do with it
Dear Webmaster,
I visited your web site earlier today and just wanted to congratulate you on a well presented, and informative web site. I run a site which has content of interest for your visitors. I was wondering if you would like to trade links(indirect 3-way linking) with me. The linkback page(Content Page is also welcome) you provide must be atleast cached.
As you know backlinks helps in generating more traffic to our sites as well as achieving higher search engine rankings.If you own any other sites for which you are willing to trade links, please let me know. I'll be happy to add your listings to my site immediately. I'll be glad to hear anything you have to offer.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further 
|
 10-30-2007, 12:39 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,526
|
|
This isn't correct, although lots of SEO's write this in forums and blogs. Trading links works fine. Some link pages carry no weight in search engines, and some link pages carry plenty of weight with search engines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Link exchanges are pretty pointless anymore. If you're getting links from a link or partners page, that page usually carries no weight at all in the search engines so for all practical matters, it's meaningless.
|
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.
|