Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 03-09-2007, 06:37 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 189
Default

I know it depends on what method they use to deposit, but I had a friend deposit $100 with epassporte and I was hit for $8.75 in player fees for that deposit. That's a ridiculously high amount and I have a hard time believing the costs are truly that high.

As for getting hit with the full amount? You didnt but their chart looks like you did. They show total amount of rake generated and total player fees all in the same row. You should see something like (270.00) near the end. When you total up his earning and fees you get the total amount of profit for which you are paid 20%. They do the 20% after they total everything not before, so your rake and tournament juice columns are what they made for the site, not what they made for you.
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spam Kill
Old 03-09-2007, 06:53 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,100
Default

Ahhh....gotcha....that makes sense now...how dumb of me.

Thanks Dave.


As a side note...I did a test. I had my gf deposit $150 via Neteller. It showed up as $5 in player fees on my stats. So that is like a 4% fee. Of course she didn't get charged anything when depositing...I guess they get charged by Neteller?

Oh well!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #13   Spam Kill
Old 03-10-2007, 09:12 AM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 189
Default

yeah, the payment processors make their money by charging a transaction fee. Businesses that do a large volume of sales typically negotiate Visa/Mastercard rates around 1% and sometimes as low as half a percent. Neteller charges 3% I believe, which is still pretty steep for the amount of business that these sites do. I find it impossible to believe though that epassporte charges 8.75%.

I'm actually pretty annoyed with FTP about these fees. My friend also tested a visa deposit and got hit for about 3.5% fee. I hate to say but I dont believe that they are really paying that high a rate. I think they are passing on more than they should be.

Speaking of that, I once asked my AM whather I got charged for full retail value when a player redeems tilt points for a sweatshirt or something and I was assured that it was the "at cost" value of the merchandise. So knowing that the "at cost" proce of a full tilt signature series hat is about $5, I wonder why I was hit with $18.00 in point redemption charges. Good ol Full Tilt...

Does anyone know of ANY other site that deducts all the things that full tilt does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1
Ahhh....gotcha....that makes sense now...how dumb of me.

Thanks Dave.


As a side note...I did a test. I had my gf deposit $150 via Neteller. It showed up as $5 in player fees on my stats. So that is like a 4% fee. Of course she didn't get charged anything when depositing...I guess they get charged by Neteller?

Oh well!
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 AM
AlanAces AlanAces is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 34
Default

There really isnt much we can do about it. Full Tilt converts so well.
__________________
50%+ Rakeback you can trust!
Reply With Quote
  #15   Spam Kill
Old 03-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 384
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

[quote=ucladave] I hate to say but I dont believe that they are really paying that high a rate. I think they are passing on more than they should be. [quote]

As someone extremely familiar with the costs I do not suspect any wrong doing from them at all. Its free market economics at work and I said it would happen when the bill was signed. It only made sense that the fees would go up because the demand was higher. You can sleep well that they are only charging you what they are being charged.
Reply With Quote
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 03-10-2007, 09:04 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 189
Default

[quote=Beanie][quote=ucladave] I hate to say but I dont believe that they are really paying that high a rate. I think they are passing on more than they should be.
Quote:

As someone extremely familiar with the costs I do not suspect any wrong doing from them at all. Its free market economics at work and I said it would happen when the bill was signed. It only made sense that the fees would go up because the demand was higher. You can sleep well that they are only charging you what they are being charged.
The epassporte charges were both before and after the bill was signed. I can understand it a bit more with todays current situation, but I cant believe any business would choose to offer a processor with more than triple the rate of neteller when it was in its prime.
Reply With Quote
  #17   Spam Kill
Old 03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 786
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Im guessing they will have special merchant rates.


Is this a new rule they have added???
Quote:
2.10. "Player(s)" or "Player's Account" means the Account(s) opened at FullTiltPoker.com by Real Money Players via a Tracker assigned to you. Real Money Players are defined as persons who make the minimum required deposit within 60 days of opening the Account.
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 03-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 384
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

epassporte is just charging based on market conditions. Everyone went with Neteller for a reason, that reason is over, different day. Different conditions.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can anyone explain Full Tilt players disappearing? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 25 04-09-2007 06:15 PM
Full Tilt - Players Fees GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 11-19-2006 11:41 PM
Full Tilt Poker is here to Stay! Bryan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 10-07-2006 04:50 PM
Your Full Tilt fees for the month Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 07-31-2006 09:49 PM
Full Tilt processing fees Prenut General Poker Affiliate Discussion 30 06-15-2005 10:28 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0