Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 02-20-2007, 06:15 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offyourface
If they are in fact going to transfer all USA accounts to Full Tilt, I would like to know if they are going to attempt to track them to our full tilt affiliate account. I am sure Doyles Room is not just handing them over to Full Tilt, there will be some cash involved, and I had better not get screwed since I feel I am a 25% share holder of those accounts. I just want them to be fair with me, and if someone is going to benefit from the merger of USA accounts, I hope we are all included.
This is EXTREMELY important to some of us and I'm trying to get to the bottom of this myself. I have roughly 2,000 players tracked to me on Doyle's Room so this is of obvious importance. Please post any updates as they come in. I will do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spam Kill
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 184
Default

Knowing the affiliate program at tilt and how they nickel and dime you to death, I suspect that any player heading over to Full Tilt will be totally lost.

I think that 100% you wont get anything for them if they already have a Full Tilt account, and I would suspect that they pay off nothing for players that come over and make a new account either.

I am wondering though, if we will even get anything for NON-US players that continue to play. Since we are US affiliates and get paid to our player account, I bet they close those off too.

I've emailed them, but anyone know for sure?
Reply With Quote
  #13   Spam Kill
Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1
It could get VERY confusing.

What if I have a player that is affiliated with Full Tilt and he transfers his Doyle's Room account to Full Tilt and it is under AFFILIATE B?

Do I keep that player? Does AFFILIATE B get that player?

I am assuming the Full Tilt affiliate dominates, but ya never know?!!
I would think if the player already has an account at full tilt under affiliate A, then transfers his doyles account which is under affiliate B, then affiliate A would get credit and they would simply merge the accounts. However, I just want an attempt to be made to do right by us affiliates. I don't mind losing those doyles accounts that already have an existing account at full tilt, but for those that don't and they start bringing in rake at full tilt, I want my fair share of that action. I saw a few other poker rooms that transfered players accounts to other poker rooms, and affiliates were cut out of the mix. I just hope that doesn't happen here.
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 99
Default

Thats a good question Dave. If USA affiliates can't even collect on players from abroad, then I would like to take them off my sites asap so I can push them to a room that will have a shot at making me residual income. I wonder what the chances are for Doyles room to be straight up with us now so we can make the necessary adjustments, instead of giving them another 50 players that I will lose come Mar 1st. If you get a solid response from your aff manager, kindly share.
Reply With Quote
  #15   Spam Kill
Old 02-20-2007, 06:38 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 590
Default

I don't think that payments on international play will be the big issue here. Think about all the other sites you promote that don't allow US players. You presumably still get a check or a wire transfer, correct? I'm sure they'll figure out an alternate payment method or just allow you to still access the cashier for withdrawals. The big question is what the heck is going to happen to the transferred players. I'm sure that giving affiliates due credit for those players is low on their list of priorities right now.
Reply With Quote
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 02-21-2007, 12:45 AM
AlanAces AlanAces is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 34
Default

Just remember what happened with Empire and Party ect. I do not expect to see a dime for my US doyles players.
__________________
50%+ Rakeback you can trust!
Reply With Quote
  #17   Spam Kill
Old 02-21-2007, 09:53 AM
fatbill fatbill is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 82
Default

I would think the liability here rests with DoylesRoom, not FTP....
__________________
Texas Holdem Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 02-21-2007, 10:54 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 786
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

I couldnt find the affiliate Terms & conditions but generally the sites reserve the right to .......

Failing that an account is closed due to inelligability at doyles. Another account is open at FT, an entirely different site, an entirely different affiliate program.

The only way I can see Doyles paying out anything is to keep its current affiliates sweet, not because Affiliate Terms dictate so.
Reply With Quote
  #19   Spam Kill
Old 02-21-2007, 09:48 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 184
Default

Ok, got a reply back from them. Sounds like they are giving me the "I dont know" about whether we will earn anything off transferred players, so I suspect no. However it looks like they are not going to allow affilitaes from the USA at all in the future. Here is the message I received.



Hi David,


Be aware that you as an affiliate from our Network will be granted an
extension of time to cash out the affiliate earnings that will be
deposited during the first week of March


Once we finish this process we are not going to be able to provide our
affiliate program to the US Market.


About Full Tilt we can not tell you if they are going to give you credit
for your players
Reply With Quote
  #20   Spam Kill
Old 02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 628
Default

In case anyone missed it, they sent an email out today about this:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR AFFILIATES

Last week, the management of the Doyle Brunson Poker Network (DBPN) has
reluctantly decided not to permit online real money play by US-based
players in view of the passage of the Unlawful Internet Gaming
Enforcement Act (UIGEA) and the cessation of operations by Neteller and
other payment processors. US online poker players are not permitted to
sign up for real money play or deposit funds into existing accounts.
Commencing March 1, 2007, all US play on DoylesRoom.com will be blocked
and US players will be able to access only the withdrawals page.

In light of these changes, we urge you to focus your recruitment efforts
as a member of Doyle’s Room Affiliate Program only towards non
US-resident individuals. Our department is working on new tools that
will help you recruit more players outside the US-market. We’ll
keep you posted.

Many of you have been contacting us, and we want to tell you that we
truly care about your concerns. But unfortunately, the affiliates who
had US-players as referrals will not continue receiving commissions
after February 28th, 2007 since their play at DoylesRoom will cease on
that date.

Our next affiliate payment for February’s play that will be
processed during the first week of March will be paid as normal.
However, no further payments will be processed for US-residents’
rake.

DoylesRoom.com will now increase its focus on Canada, Europe,
Asia-Pacific and Latin America. We look forward to continuing working
with you to help us grow in these markets.

We would like to send special thanks for those affiliates that have been
showing their support and want to keep on working with Doyle’s
Room outside the US-market. We are committed to working closely with
you.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact your affiliate account
manager by sending an email to
[email protected] mailto:[email protected]

Affiliate Department
DoylesRoom.com
[email protected] mailto:[email protected]
From USA: +1 888 762 4192 Ext. 2800
From outside USA: +506 253 3984 Ext. 2800

Web Mail users (e.g. Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail): To avoid our emails being
seen as spam, please add the address "[email protected]" to your
address book. Other email users: If you have a firewall which uses
email or spam filtering rules, please configure them to accept emails
from "[email protected]".
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Doyle's Room Revenue stillshadow General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 03-31-2007 09:05 PM
Correction....Doyles Room will stay in the US...wahooooo! chiefofficer General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 02-19-2007 04:06 PM
Doyles Brunsons Online Poker Room pokerg4me The Spam Forum 1 10-30-2006 06:50 PM
Doyles Room Affiliate Program pokerg4me The Spam Forum 1 10-30-2006 03:40 AM
Doyle's Room Affiliate Account TheDirtyAce General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 09-22-2006 01:53 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0