Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 01:04 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 548
Default Who is wrong here?

I made an account at pokerstars and deposited $500 and played all night. When I try and log in it says my account has been banned. I check the email and it says that my screename (omahawh0re) is inappropiate. What about bonuswhores.com? They promote pokerstars and theres no problem with that. I know that this is very petty and I should have picked another name but I am still pissed because whats right for the affiliate is right for the player.

ps...I've been drinking and I'm just venting a little...Thanks
__________________
I can't think of anything good to write here
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 03:28 AM
AceHigh AceHigh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 126
Default

IMO if the name is inappropiate then they should have made that clear before you opened your account...not after you made the deposit and played.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 07:08 AM
Darko Darko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 152
Default

it prob was make clear burried deep in the T&C
__________________
Online Gambling Directory Inner pages PR4 $5 p/m good for deeplinking
Casino Gambling Directory Pr5 links Available
Internet Gambling Directory Pr4 links available or submit your site for a free pr3 link for a Pr2+ recipricol link in return
Contact me for all options available
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 07:10 AM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,115
Default

Did they at least let you have what was left in your account > and did they give you the option to change to a new account?
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players ,Maybe get the top Partypoker Bonuscode , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Come qualify to the Wsop for $2 at Pokerstars
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 07:23 AM
evilbilly evilbilly is offline
Swollen Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 18
Default

I agree that it sucks that they just banned you instead of telling you up front that the screen name was unacceptable. That could have been handled better, and I would think it should have for a player who just deposited $500.

I remember when I signed up with them and picked my avatar, they wrote me and told me it was unacceptable. I had found a funny picture of Jim Caviezel on the cross in Passion of the Christ and someone had Photoshopped a picture of Superman flying in to the rescue in the background. I guess they didn't want to offend their religious players. But I felt like I got the last laugh by next picking a picture of Pol Pot, which was accepted. I'm sure they looked at it and figured there was nothing wrong with a picture of some Asian guy. Still, I think it's funny that blaspheming a Mel Gibson movie is unacceptable, but promoting a dictator responsible for the deaths of millions is just dandy.

On the other hand, I can see their point about not allowing your screen name. They won't mind having an affiliate named bonuswhores because that's offsite, but your screen name would appear at every table you sit at and cause all the grannies playing online poker to get their panties in a bunch and stroke out writing them nasty letters.

I'm sure it's not an issue that can't be cleared up by writing or calling them. Of course, I'm not sure I'd want it straightened up if I were you. I'd just settle for getting my damn money back.
__________________
www.evilbilly.com
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 03:18 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,511
Default

Do you think they have someone sitting there 24/7 screening screen names the second someone ads them?

C'mon. If they find an inappropriate one in one day, that seems pretty good, especially with the mispelling.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Squigley Squigley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 83
Default

It doesn't seem right that your account should be banned for this.

About the delay, is it possible that maybe somebody complained about your name?
__________________
Poker Bonuses | No Deposit Poker | Poker Directory
Free Online Poker | Poker Review | Best Casino Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 04:31 PM
dbirider's Avatar
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 293
Default

Pokerstars is notorious for their censorship, so i'm not surprised. I'm sure they'll let you pick a new name if you send them an email.
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 01-12-2007, 04:33 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 221
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

As long as Pokerstars allow you to reopen the account with a new username, I don't see any problems.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2007, 02:03 AM
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DealerDan
As long as Pokerstars allow you to reopen the account with a new username, I don't see any problems.
Totally agreed.

Although its funny that they allow such names as MissHerpes. LOL.
__________________
The Official PokerOwnageDOTcom Blogspot
*My view on today's biggest gambling news and gossip*

or PM me directly for sitewide text link exchanges for YOUR blog, as well as banner space ad rates to increase your website/forum's visibility and Page Rank (homepage and sitewide still available).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VC Poker: Something wrong with the affiliate site toktok General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 12-30-2006 07:59 AM
Am I totally in the wrong here ? TheDirtyAce General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-09-2006 10:49 PM
Something wrong here.. AceHigh General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 10-07-2006 06:05 PM
How Am I Wrong With This? stillshadow General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-06-2006 03:31 PM
Correct me if im wrong BonusPokerTime General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 09-30-2006 09:35 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0