Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 PM
TheDirtyAce TheDirtyAce is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 32
Default Am I totally in the wrong here ?

I logged onto my betfred account earlier today to notice a balance that didnt quite match up to what it was the last time I used the account.

I have been at betfred all day regarding this and after being told by 2 different people the person who last used my account was from my IP address as me . . . this was later found to be false.

After deciding to log on and discuss this with a live help rep It came to me that the only possible solution to someone using this account would be either a hacker(highly unlikely considering the IP using the account was in the same area as me) or a pc I sold to someone around 6 months ago (that i sys restored everything back to when i bought it before sell) had managed to download betfred for thier own use and my account data was subsequently recovered using ipoker's "we notice this computer already has a **** account" technique.

Im just wanting some opinions from you guys regarding what I personally feel is somewhat of a security flaw on ipoker and their carrier's part.


__________________
Poker Bonus Freeroll


www.PrimeTimePoker.co.uk

Last edited by TheDirtyAce : 10-10-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-09-2006, 11:49 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirtyAce
I logged onto my betfred account earlier today to notice a balance that didnt quite match up to what it was the last time I used the account.

I have been at betfred all day regarding this and after being told by 2 different people the person who last used my account was from my IP address as me . . . this was later found to be false.

After deciding to log on and discuss this with a live help rep It came to me that the only possible solution to someone using this account would be either a hacker(highly unlikely considering the IP using the account was in the same area as me) or a pc I sold to someone around 6 months ago (that i sys restored everything back to when i bought it before sell) had managed to download betfred for thier own use and my account data was subsequently recovered using ipoker's "we notice this computer already has a **** account" technique.

Im just wanting some opinions from you guys regarding what I personally feel is somewhat of a security flaw on ipoker and their carrier's part.
Hmmm, you did a system restore and not a clean reinstall?
I can imagine that a system restore might in fact leave traces in the registry that might be later found by software looking in the right places.
A flaw...not so much in the ipoker software , but the maybe in the system restore process. If not that PERHAPS ipoker is identifying the MAC adress of the network card in the system.

I much prefer a full format, and if i WERE to let a system go out the door to another individual, it would most likely have a nice USED HDD i picked up at the local PC joint for cheap, not likely one of my old ones would leave. I have destroyed several and have a several laying around for the reason you seem to have had( not just poker software related).
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats wrong with the swedish government Bonushunters General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-18-2007 05:42 PM
Who is wrong here? NewPokerGirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 01-13-2007 03:03 AM
VC Poker: Something wrong with the affiliate site toktok General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 12-30-2006 08:59 AM
Something wrong here.. AceHigh General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 10-07-2006 07:05 PM
How Am I Wrong With This? stillshadow General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-06-2006 04:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0