Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2006, 06:30 AM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default Negative MGR

I got a -$2,000 in MGR the other day. The weird part about this is the guy has been signed up for a couple months and it looks like this is only the 2nd time he's played.

Does anybody know how it's possible to get -$2,000 in one day from one player?

I don't think it's a chargeback because the guy never plays.

Also makes it -$400 accrued. Ouch!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-29-2006, 08:05 AM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 413
Default

is this for poker? if so, which room?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

He's talking about Party. I saw that on the 27th Matt (since you are one of my subs)

Email your account manager to find out how that happened as it doesn't look like it was from Blackjack either. If you can't get a reply, let me know and I will most definately find out. Feel free to email or PM me.

Jeremy
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

Yeah, it was from poker. I'll email my affiliate manager today and post when I get a response.

It seems really weird, gotta be a mistake.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 PM
tke1600 tke1600 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 191
Default

It is probably a chargeback from the player. This means that the player bought $2000 in chips but then cancelled the payment, basically stealing from Party. This comes out of your mgr which really sucks becuase an affiliate in no way can control someone from not stealing, etc...

tke1600
__________________
Get the latest poker fish lists, online poker reviews , information for playing online poker , and online casino bonus reviews
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-30-2006, 08:00 AM
pokermac's Avatar
pokermac pokermac is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 131
Default

wow thanks

i've always wanted to buy ceramics from somone spamming a poker forum

thanks again
__________________
_____________________________________________
Mac Poker News, Mac Poker Forums Boot Camp Poker and Parallels Poker
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I deleted the spam. As we continue to grow, like any large forum, the spam increases. I will make a post later today, but we are looking to bring on a few more moderators to combat this.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-31-2006, 02:28 PM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

This is the response I received from my affiliate manager.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Matt,

Hope you had a good weekend.
Sure.
The reason for the negative was as a result of a chargeback on the
account.
A chargeback occurs when a player denies a transaction.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

What I find a little interesting is, on July 26th I receive an email from my new affiliate manager stating that he is taking over for Rohit and he will be my new affiliate manager.
The very next day I get a chargeback for $2,000.

So, this player signed up 2 months ago, never played, and all of a sudden the first day after I get a new affiliate manager I get a $2,000 chargeback. Probably just a coincidence, but it seems pretty strange.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Damn that sucks.........for both of us. not sure if there's anything you can do. It's too bad the rooms haven't found a better way to combat chargebacks and blatent fraud.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-31-2006, 05:24 PM
ethomps ethomps is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 380
Send a message via MSN to ethomps
Default

If the guy did scam party for $2000, I would think he would have to pay adventually, or they would take him to a collection agency?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stats Summary shows HUGE NEGATIVE today gogogators PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 2 12-24-2006 06:45 AM
CasinoRoom Negative MGR ClarkePromotions PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com 1 12-13-2006 08:24 AM
Anyone else have a huge negative today the27offsuit.com Poker.com 1 11-14-2006 07:48 PM
MGR negative but accrued positive? MarkusS PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 3 11-18-2005 12:00 PM
Negative Rake? ClarkePromotions General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-13-2005 12:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0