| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 10-11-2005, 08:32 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2
|
|

Quote:
It is comical to see poker players whining about an affiliate not giving rakeback. Okay Mr. Fellow Poker Player how about the fact that I spend $1000's of marketing dollars each month to find new players for these sites. If you have an incredible killer session on your first experience, are you going to ship me some of my marketing dollars back as a thank-you? Likewise I am like anyone else, I'm in business to make money. My business provides a marketing service to the poker sites and I expect to be paid accordingly by those sites.
Saying poker affiliates are scum sucking parasites because we do not give rake back is an extremely uneducated and ignorant statement. When your searching for a flight on the internet, let's say you follow an Expedia banner somewhere and subsequently book your reservations. Do you then go back to the original site and ask for a portion of that webmasters commission? |
I think most 2+2ers know very well what you do. Personally, I have no problem with you as a group whatsoever.
However, I think there is a difference between high volume pro and semi-pro players. I had rakeback at party before they canceled it five or six months ago. I then moved to an account with rakeback on a skin. However, I still play on party sometimes. Although this represents a fraction of my playing, about 25k was raked from me in the period after rakeback ended. If he was getting 30% this is $7,500 he made off me, and the only work he did to get it was responding to an email i sent him. This is not an airline ticket commission. This is my semester's tuition.
When a player is putting up less then 1k in rake a month, then no biggy. But the person who has my account will be making well above the median income in this country just off my rake, assuming no rakeback, as I will be moving most of my playing to party with the (effectual) closure of skins.
It is not rediculous to expect a precent back with numbers this high. Your expenses marketing to fish and mainting largely worthless (to me) websites is not relevent to me. I am paying for your kids' college and expect to be compensated. I am sure there will be affiliates willing to cut me an "illegal" deal to get a part of this. I do not think this is unreasonable on anyone's part.
Normal affiliate marketing, etc., is different then managing a lot of the pro accounts with monthly rake of 10k+ who frequent 2+2.
|
 10-11-2005, 08:36 PM
|
|
|
Thanks for coming by and posting, random 2+2'er. It's good to get a player perspective on the forum.
|
 10-11-2005, 11:02 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,707
|
|
Quote:
Originally posted by random 2+2er@Oct 11 2005, 05:32 PM
However, I think there is a difference between high volume pro and semi-pro players. I had rakeback at party before they canceled it five or six months ago. |
The point is "Party" didn't cancel rakeback. Whoever gave it to you was violating the rules. They were cheats.
Now that may not directly, except that whoever offered it to you may have directly lied to you.
Party Poker spends money to get players. TV commercials, affiliates, refer a friend, lots of different ways. This doesn't particularly effect players, except players should beware of making deals with rogue operators who possibly could put your player account in jeopardy.
Now here is the key thing. If you are a high volume player, contact Party. Like any casino, they offer perks and comps and privileges. Deal with the source. Deal direct. Deal within the rules. It's better the better way to go.
|
 10-11-2005, 11:23 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 142
|
|
I just received an email from the affiliate that gives me rake back at another site (in place long before I was an affiliate) and he says that starting tomorrow evening I can sign up and get it from him through Party, and they have OK'd it. Now, say what you will about rake back affiliates, but mine has always paid me on time, exactly what he owed me and has always done what he said he would. I think that he is telling me what he believes is true, but the question is if his information came directly from Party. I am also curious about why tomorrow night is so important.
__________________
Pokermonger
Online Slots
|
 10-11-2005, 11:24 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2
|
|
Quote:
Now here is the key thing. If you are a high volume player, contact Party. Like any casino, they offer perks and comps and privileges. Deal with the source. Deal direct. Deal within the rules. It's better the better way to go. |
This quote shows you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
|
 10-11-2005, 11:35 PM
|
|
|
Quote:
Originally posted by random 2+2er@Oct 11 2005, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Now here is the key thing. If you are a high volume player, contact Party. Like any casino, they offer perks and comps and privileges. Deal with the source. Deal direct. Deal within the rules. It's better the better way to go. |
This quote shows you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.
|
This MIGHT be an interesting post if you bothered to elaborate on WHY he has absolutely no clue what he is talking about.
Since you haven't bothered to explain that, I consider this flaming and/or trolling.
Feel free to participate in the discussion, but keep it civil unless you're willing to back up what you say with examples, facts, etc.
|
 10-12-2005, 01:41 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,707
|
|
Quote:
Originally posted by random 2+2er@Oct 11 2005, 08:24 PM
This quote shows you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. |
Actually I do. You seem to be operating under at least two misconceptions.
Besides private deals anyone can make, Party is also revamping their rewards program.
Party has told many affiliates today that they can't advertise or offer any rake back or discount schemes. Presumably many of the affiliates who have been making the false claims will now backtrack knowing that Party intends to continue to enforce its rules, despite a rather widespread disinformation campaign.
|
 10-12-2005, 02:01 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14
|
|

I'm a professional online poker player, and I'd like to give you my perspective. First, let me say that I used to consider you nonrakeback affiliates to be "scum sucking parasites" also. I now admit that was wrong of me, and I've learned a great deal about what some of you have had to go through with the "poaching" between you and your competitors. There is certainly no justification for people willingly defrauding a system, which was what was happening with the .com rakeback sites.
You guys are vital to the growth of online poker, because you are constantly bringing in a stream of recreational players. Without new players, the online poker industry cannot survive in the long term.
Now, I'd like for a moment to see if you could see something from my point of view. As a professional online player (4 to 6 tables simultaneously), I generate approximately $10,000 of MGR per month. I currently get about $2,800 of that returned to me on a monthly basis by my affiliate. He keeps about $700 of that for himself. This is not on Party, by the way. I would love to come back and play on Party, but I signed up almost 3 years ago when the site was in its infancy. Guess who my affiliate is? Card Player Cruises. Well, at this point, I'm not willing to come back to Party and work my tail off to give Card Player Cruises the whole $42,000 per year. The sites that I currently have rakeback on have good enough games to compensate for not coming back to Party and losing the rakeback.
It's interesting that in the most recent report, Party said that 70% of their rake from the entire network (before the breakup) was paid by 10% of the players. Guess who those 10% were? The guys like me playing multiple tables and high limits. If Party wants to attract our business back, they're going to have to come up with a solution that's amicable to all of the parties involved. I know a lot of you are saying, "well, that's between you and Party." I don't necessarily disagree, but Party isn't very receptive to player input at this time.
I hope that you can understand where I'm coming from. I've certainly gained a lot more respect for you guys over the past few days.
I hope there's a solution that we can all be happy with.
|
 10-12-2005, 05:17 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,707
|
|
"I don't necessarily disagree, but Party isn't very receptive to player input at this time."
Why do you say that? What did Party say when you asked them to look at your playing hours and what they would be willing to compensate you for your regular play?
If you haven't asked, then you have made an error. On the other hand, it probably would be best to wait to negotiate with them after they announce whatever their new rewards program will be.
|
 10-12-2005, 07:45 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 145
|
|
Quote:
Originally posted by richardb@Oct 11 2005, 04:21 PM
P.S. I do not know if Party is going to offer rakeback or not, but my daily MGR on Party is at all time highs. So Party must be doing something right. Anyone else having a better than average month since this chaos started? |
Absolutely.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.
|