I took the advice of some SEO sites and started up a Google AdWords account. The first stumbling block was creating my ad in the first place. They wouldn't let me use the term "online poker", since they claimed that they don't allow gambling or affiliate sites to use their program. So I just used "poker" and "hold 'em" and the ad was initially accepted. I got an e-mail a couple of hours later from Google saying that my ad would not be able to run and that it violated their content guidelines.
Okay, I wouldn't have a problem with this if it were consistent, but do a search on google for "online poker reviews" for example. Take a look at their sponsored sites (members of AdWords), and you'll see everything from "Play Online Poker Now" to "How to Cheat At Online Poker". How the HECK did this many sites get their ads up and manage to stay up if online gambling isn't allowed to be advertised. I'm feeling very singled out by them...
Does anyone know what their deal is?
-Josh
|